Gnoblar Army possible?

I had a guy sell me 600 gnoblars for 90% off so I am going to attempt to play a gnoblar army using the current Ogre book. I realize that I can't run the original gnoblar army list and that all my characters would be ogres but I was wondering how I should do this. I was hoping to make a 2.5k army list but I am unsure of how to go about it in an effective way. I will take all the advice you can muster!

Level 4 butcher, hunter on stonehorn, bsb, 2 hordes of 40-50 gnoblars, units of trappers, sabre tusks, and a thundertusk?

It keeps your gnoblar theme, gives you the monster for your trappers, has a hunter leading them, you get some magic, and have bsb.  The two monsters make up for your lack of combat effectiveness with the gnoblars.  However, gnoblars just aren't that effective.  Best of luck to you.

How's your conversion skills? I always wanted to do imperial gnoblars with a steam punk twist, kinda like Labyrinth that Devo suggested. Tried converting a handgunner with puff-and-slash and empire rifle. The rifle was too big but you could do with a dwarf thunderer one.

Centerpiece is a giant Steam Squig. Cannons have seats attached to the side with a gunner sitting in them (would need big wheels). Knights are riding penny-farthings. Armorcast makes cool steam mushroom-forges and observatories to use as unit fillers or flavor scenery. Shields shaped as iron mushroom caps?

• Like 1

I'm more of a collector who plays these days so my modelling skill is nowhere near as awesome as Devo's (I have seen and played almost all of his armies). I am willing to try but all ideas referencing them as Night goblins/goblins is not really what I was looking for. I am actually looking to make it worthy of fielding as Gnoblars are actually better than normal goblins in a few ways.

1. They don't cause panic checks when they flee.

2. They all have a ranged weapon.

3. They can all cause dangerous terrain checks on chargers.

4. They aren't goblins that everyone has done. Most goblin armies are not only cool but expensive while I have already covered the expensive part.

I'm thinking a lvl 4 slaughtermaster with Maw, maybe a lvl 2 with beasts, a bsb, sabertusks, and 50 man blocks of gnoblars. I'm stuck after that.

I second Devo. I had bought 200+ gnoblars (kept losing track of what I bought on ebay and just kept buying 'cause they were super cheap) and thought about a gnoblar army. Design-wise, I thought about 4 gnoblars hoisting up a fifth, decked out in armor and gold on a 40x40 base, and have that represent as my "Ogre Lord", do the same for a BSB, and put 8 gnoblars holding up a spiked battering ram (impact hits) with gnoblars riding on top to count as mournfang cav, replace the ogre on the skycannon with the two gnoblars (one standing up on the other's shoulders model) etc. It wouldn't be a true gnoblar army list, but it would use the models, plus the customization could get you points.

Alright this is what I have come up with to make it actually worth someones time to play me lol. I'm thinking of making the gnoblars blue because green is a little common. For the Butcher I want a dual cleaver wielding gnoblar on top of a pot with a chefs hat. The bruiser will be some crazy guy with a nice hat (very important) standing on a banner supported by a grip of gnoblars: The leadbelchers will be teams of gnoblars using empire mortars with pee covered snow balls. I wanted a 100 strong mob so that the slaughter master could cast plus 1 str or toughness to be annoying and the stubborn spell could be fun. The stonehorn is so he doesn't get lit up by cannons and die turn 1. The rest is well the rest and that is what I have come up with. I still have 10 pts as well

Thoughts?

Gnoblar Horde Army 2.5k

Slaughtermaster: lvl 4, Fencers Blades, and a Dispel Scroll: 345 pts

Bruiser: (BSB) Iron Fist, Ogre Pistol, and Standard of Discipline: 155 pts

Leadbelchers: 4 w/ champ and musician: 192 pts

Gnoblars: 100 w/ Trappers, banner, and musician: 295 pts

Gnoblar Trappers: 10: 50 pts

Gnoblars: 50: 125 pts

Sabretusk: 21 pts

Gnoblar Scraplauncher: 130 pts

Stonehorn: w/ harpoon launcher: 250 pts

Total: 2489

I just don't see why a Tyrant would be so useful. The slaughtermaster can fight and regain wounds. I would only consider a Tyrant at 3k to be honest.

The other ideas make sense to me. I have 12 pts now. Ideas?

Gnoblar Horde Army 2.5k

Slaughtermaster: lvl 4, Fencers Blades, and a Dispel Scroll: 345 pts

Bruiser: (BSB) Iron Fist, heavy armour, and Standard of Discipline: 153 pts

Leadbelchers: 4 w/ champ and musician: 192 pts

Gnoblars: 100 w/ Trappers, banner, and musician: 295 pts

Gnoblars: 50 w/ banner and musician: 145 pts

Ironblaster: 170 pts

Total: 2488

He was suggesting the tyrant because of his damage output.  Yes, the slaughtermaster can fight, but won't do nearly as much damage in a single round or 2.  However, if you get regen off on a unit of 100 gnoblar's.....yup, good luck chuck. 

Here's my suggestions on your army:

Crown of Command on your Slaughtermaster- this will ensure the unit is always Stubborn, while the character is in the unit.

Keep the leadbelchers naked- you could use those points to either add more re-directers (sabretusks) or try and invest in a gorger for a possible back field threat.

I really like the army though.

Thank you I'm trying to make it fun and yet worth the time of my opponent.

I forgot about the crown and I can see your point on the belchers.

I have 3 sabres I mean I thought that was a fair amount. Gorgers are fun but for 90 points I just can't shave that much.

Where should I share to get the crown. I have 12 pts now with 32 if I drop the belcher command. After that I am cutting but where?

Also would blue be a good idea for Gnoblars or would they look like smurfs. There is a red tutorial online so that could make a cool army. I just need a color that seems pleasing and different as 500 of these things will need to be done.

I was thinking of recommending the counts-as-goblin list but then that's not as cool or novel as a concerted effort to maximize gnoblars. I really love the idea of scratch modeling to reinforce the exclusively-gnoblar theme. The piggy-back model and the scraplauncher are some interesting conceptual starting points. Maybe some sort of arcane sacrificial alter could count as a Butcher? Ogre cavalrymen could be replaced with gnoblar palanquins on the same mounts. Flying Gnoblar pirate ship? 

You totally got this.