2k Ork Brigade

fluger

Ignore the Battlescribe notes, I started with a Brigade, but its a battalion.

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (Orks) [99 PL, 1999pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Clan Kultur: Blood Axes

Extra Gubbins (1/3 CP): 1 Extra Shiny Gubbins (1 CP)

+ HQ +

Big Mek (Index) [5 PL, 75pts]: Choppa, I've Got A Plan, Ladz!, Kustom Force Field, Morgargs Finkin' Cap, Warlord

Boss Snikrot [4 PL, 70pts]

Warboss [4 PL, 78pts]: Attack Squig, Da Killa Klaw, Power Klaw, Shoota (Index)

+ Troops +

Boyz [11 PL, 223pts]: 3x Tankbusta Bombs
. Boss Nob: Power Klaw, Slugga
. 29x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Boyz [11 PL, 223pts]: 3x Tankbusta Bombs
. 29x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Boyz [7 PL, 176pts]: 2x Tankbusta Bombs
. Boss Nob: Kombi-Rokkit
. Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Rokkit Launcha
. 17x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

Boyz [7 PL, 176pts]: 2x Tankbusta Bombs
. Boss Nob: Kombi-Rokkit
. 17x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

Gretchin [1 PL, 30pts]: 10x Gretchin

Gretchin [1 PL, 30pts]: 10x Gretchin

+ Elites +

Kommandos [4 PL, 93pts]: 2x Tankbusta Bombs
. Boss Nob: Power Klaw
. 7x Kommando
. Kommando W/ 'Eavy Weapon (Index): Burna
. Kommando W/ 'Eavy Weapon (Index): Burna

Meganobz [6 PL, 105pts]
. Boss Meganob w/ PK: Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw
. Meganob W/ PK: Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw

Meganobz [6 PL, 105pts]
. Boss Meganob w/ PK: Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw

+ Fast Attack +

Stormboyz [10 PL, 193pts]
. 19x Stormboy

Wartrakk (Index) [4 PL, 61pts]
. Wartrakk: Rack of Rokkits

Wartrakk (Index) [4 PL, 61pts]
. Wartrakk: Rack of Rokkits

+ Heavy Support +

Big Gunz (Index) [3 PL, 60pts]
. Gun: 2x Grot Gunner, Zzap gun

Big Gunz (Index) [3 PL, 60pts]

Killa Kans [2 PL, 52pts]
. Killa Kan: Kan Klaw, Rokkit Launcha

+ Dedicated Transport +

Trukk [3 PL, 64pts]: Big Shoota

Trukk [3 PL, 64pts]: Big Shoota

++ Total: [99 PL, 1999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Mostly its using what I own plus a smidge more.

I like the idea of the shoota boyz units using the BA stratagem to "outflank" with the Kommandos.  I'm thinking using the Ard boyz strat on the two chops mobs as well.

That's 7/15 of my CPs used before game, but I like the idea of it especially with a CP return system from the BA warlord trait.

I've been out too long to know what's what anymore, but it feels good to me.

I like the double warlord trait idea! However what trait are you thinking for the extra? I'd consider making the war boss the warlord as most of the traits increase close combat effectiveness. 

Characters are pretty hard to target with range attacks and even sniper type weapons aren't very good. So big mek could keep his plan and the war boss could be brutal but kunnin' reroll hits (trait), reroll wounds (relic), and in the first round of each combat be damage 4 (trait)!

In playing my dreads the difference between damage 3 and 4 is bigger than you think. Look at how many of your support characters are 4 wounds... it is similar in other books and feel no pain type saves are taken against each wound after the damage ratchets it up. Also with the blood axe fall back and charge you are well set to get the extra damage often. 

I've found warbosses to die easily so I dont want him to give up mission parameters too easily (is slay the warlord still a thing?).

I was thinking giving the big men the warboss ability warlord trait and the ba Warlord trait of getting CPs back on 6s.  

I also like the idea of not getting the hat, sticking with just Ba wol trait and using extra gubbin for 5+ fnp on warboss.

I know you're fielding models that you have, but another star in the new codex to heavily consider imo is the Grot "driven" Tractor cannon. This thing is insane. For 65 points (I believe) you get a T5 6 wound gun WHICH HITS AUTOMATICALLY. It fires a S8 AP-2 D6 dmg shot. In addition, it has the melta rule for flyers where it rolls 2D6, picking the highest, for dmg. I've seen this gun used in several online batreps and it wrecks shop. Just a suggestion if you want to add some punchy, anti-air Krumptaskikness. 

In case you forgot, you can pick any model in your army to be the Warlord. So a really durable tank, or just one of those 30 boyz. The deal is that to be eligible for a Warlord Trait, your warlord must be a character.

Sometimes it's worth giving up the warlord trait in order to have something more elusive/durable as the warlord, just as a point denial tactic or to get the opponent to shoot at something they'd otherwise ignore. Mostly depends what your character options are and in how well the army can protect/support them.

And selection of the Warlord is no longer part of army list creation, you can pick after knowing who your opponent is.

8 hours ago, fluger said:

I've found warbosses to die easily so I dont want him to give up mission parameters too easily (is slay the warlord still a thing?).

I was thinking giving the big men the warboss ability warlord trait and the ba Warlord trait of getting CPs back on 6s.  

I also like the idea of not getting the hat, sticking with just Ba wol trait and using extra gubbin for 5+ fnp on warboss.

It is still a thing but considering the amount of models you have and the blood axe ability to move around (out of combat to charge again) your best protection will be to get close to the enemy and use tactics to protect him. Charging and interrupting combats will help also remembering that base to base is not required so use the meat shields to push the enemy back, and consolidation is not required it is a may...

• Like 2

ITC format might make this list a little tough on you.  In ITC,  EACH round, you get a point for killing one unit and then another for killing more than the opponent did.  You have an awful lot of small units, and it might make it difficult for you to "catch up" on kills each round.  This is more true when shooting is sparse, and yours would be relatively in round one.    

So my only observation might be to consider that.  You have 9 easy to kill units.  Just something to consider.  

• Like 1

Apparently theres two threads.  

ITC format might make this list a little tough on you.  In ITC,  EACH round, you get a point for killing one unit and then another for killing more than the opponent did.  You have an awful lot of small units, and it might make it difficult for you to "catch up" on kills each round.  This is more true when shooting is sparse, and yours would be relatively in round one.    

So my only observation might be to consider that.  You have 9 easy to kill units.  Just something to consider. 

16 hours ago, SigurdBC said:

I know you're fielding models that you have, but another star in the new codex to heavily consider imo is the Grot "driven" Tractor cannon. This thing is insane. For 65 points (I believe) you get a T5 6 wound gun WHICH HITS AUTOMATICALLY. It fires a S8 AP-2 D6 dmg shot. In addition, it has the melta rule for flyers where it rolls 2D6, picking the highest, for dmg. I've seen this gun used in several online batreps and it wrecks shop. Just a suggestion if you want to add some punchy, anti-air Krumptaskikness. 

its what I'm going to field.

35 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

The tradeoff is less CPs.  Wat do?

7 hours ago, Lord Hanaur said:

You need to merge the mekgunz into one unit.  Delete the wartrakks so you can afford more boys.  Mekgunz because it lowers your number of drops.  Start there.  

If he combines them he loses out on the brigade he has and therefore should rework the whole list. Simple changes there are not needs to answer the question of CP number first. 

@fluger I played a game recently and found that in game CPs are not as useful unless you have very specific plans. I didn't ever really want to reroll, each ork die isn't great it is the bucket you have that works. The insane bravery could be useful but with mob rule you won't really need it but maybe once in the game.

I made some poor CP choices in my game, would have had plenty if I'd stick to the better plan... ard boyz is a trap at 1 I'd use it 2 is too expensive. Also avoid extra stikkbombs combined with more dakka to try and stop a flyer with basic stikkbombs, lots of hits but not worth the 3 CPs or the time it took to roll all those dice...