9/ - Ordo Game Night at WOW - Sunday 3:00-8:00

Jay

We're Back*

*some terms and conditions may apply.

THE PLACE

Location: 717 SE Main St. Portland OR 97214 (map) - Around the corner from Kokiyo Teriyaki and up the stairs. Cost to play games is $5 for Ordo Members, $2 for Ordo Warlord Champions, FREE for Emperors!  We are waiving Game Night dues for Champions for the near future, since you've already missed out on so much gaming.  And as always, your first Game Night is FREE! 

THE MISSION

If you're looking to game we will be here. Opting to lay low? Stay home and stay safe, we'll catch you next time.

THE GAMES

Games we play: All, with a focus on Infinity, Warhammer 40K, board games, Blood Bowl, Necromunda and more.

While it is possible to find a pickup game at Game Night, it is much better to pre-arrange a game before coming downNew players are always welcome, feel free to stop by and check it out.

BUT WHAT ABOUT COVID-19?

We are doing our utmost to make the clubhouse as safe as possible, read more about it here.  Please remember, face coverings will be required so that we can keep things as safe as we can for all our members.  If there is a high demand, we will be reserving tables for Champions and other members, based on posts in this thread.  We may have to impose limits on attendance to stay in compliance with state guidelines.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2020 at 5:19 PM, Damunky said:

Did you say mordhiem?!?! Are you guys doing a campaign? And is there room for one more? 

Make that two more!

I can't be there tonight, but I've got a warband of Dwarf Rangers ready to show you upstart, good-fer-nothing, lazy bones, younger races how a proper expedition to an accursed city ought to be done. Grumble, grumble.

Gandorf's Company

Gandorf
, Runesmith (Dagger, Sword, Light Armor*; Rune of Sharpness) [ 105 ]

Malus, Dwarf Longbeard (w/ Dagger, Two-Handed Weapon, Heavy Armor*, Helmet*) [ 95 ]

Tymmi, Dwarf Clansman  (w/ Dagger, Dwarf Axe, Light Armor*) [  65 ]

Hòdi, Dwarf Crossbowman (w/ Dagger, Crossbow) [  65 ]

Gòldi, Dwarf Crossbowman (w/ Dagger, Crossbow) [  65 ]

Baldur, Dwarf Crossbowman (w/ Dagger, Crossbow) [  65 ]

Clypeus, Beardling (w/ Dagger, Battleaxe, Light Armor*, Shield) [ 40 ]

* Armor is half-price, per house rule.

1 hour ago, Damunky said:

Did you say mordhiem?!?! Are you guys doing a campaign? And is there room for one more? 

There is room! As far as it being a full fledged "campaign," it's hard to say for sure what it will look like with Covid and all, but we are trying to meet somewhat regularly. Original plan was every other week, but it could stretch to monthly games, at least until Covid dies down and things get more normal

1 hour ago, Ish said:

Make that two more!

I can't be there tonight, but I've got a warband of Dwarf Rangers ready to show you upstart, good-fer-nothing, lazy bones, younger races how a proper expedition to an accursed city ought to be done. Grumble, grumble.

[spoiler]

Gandorf, Runesmith (Dagger, Sword, Light Armor; Rune of Sharpness) [ 115 ]

Malus, Dwarf Longbeard (w/ Dagger, Two-Handed Weapon, Heavy Armor) [ 115 ]

Tymmi, Dwarf Clansman  (w/ Dagger, Dwarf Axe, Light Armor) [  75 ]

Hòdi, Dwarf Crossbowman (w/ Dagger, Crossbow) [  65 ]

Gòldi, Dwarf Crossbowman (w/ Dagger, Crossbow) [  65 ]

Baldur, Dwarf Crossbowman (w/ Dagger, Crossbow) [  65 ]

[/spoiler]

Only one hero!? Brave dwarves indeed! Not familiar with the Dwarf Rangers, but looks solid! As a heads up, we do plan to play with a few house rules, one of them being... all armor is half price! Enjoy some extra gold crowns!

52 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

There is room! As far as it being a full fledged "campaign," it's hard to say for sure what it will look like with Covid and all, but we are trying to meet somewhat regularly. Original plan was every other week, but it could stretch to monthly games, at least until Covid dies down and things get more normal

Only one hero!? Brave dwarves indeed! Not familiar with the Dwarf Rangers, but looks solid! As a heads up, we do plan to play with a few house rules, one of them being... all armor is half price! Enjoy some extra gold crowns!

That sounds great any warbands not allowed? I have a druchii one I think ready to go and a shadow warriors. If my 3d printer wasent down for repair I would print something else. 

8 minutes ago, Damunky said:

That sounds great any warbands not allowed? I have a druchii one I think ready to go and a shadow warriors. If my 3d printer wasent down for repair I would print something else. 

So we're loosely going off the "official" list of warbands per the FAQ:
All the ones in the printed rulebook
Orc & Goblin warbands from the 2002 Annual
Dwarf Treasure Hunter warbands from the 2002 Annual
Ostlander warbands from the 2002 Annual
Averlander warbands from the 2002 Annual
Kislevite warbands from the 2002 Annual
Beastmen warbands from Empire In Flames
Carnival of Chaos warbands from Empire In Flames

There is some wiggle room of course, if there is something you really want to play. I hate to say it based on what you have listed, but generally Elf warbands aren't allowed, since they are just super powerful outside of something like a Lustria setting. If you don't have anything else to play, I DO have a number of warbands I can loan out:

Mercenaries
Undead
Beastmen
Carnival of Chaos

1 hour ago, Andrewgeddon said:

There is some wiggle room of course, if there is something you really want to play.

Cough Dwarf Rangers cough. They actually aren't too dramatically different from Dwarf Treasure Hunters, the primary difference being that Dwarf Treasure Hunters have handguns and pistols; whereas the Rangers prefer the "Old Ways" and stick to crossbows.  I prefer them because they match the models I have (Dwarf Rangers from LotR) better.

8 minutes ago, Ish said:

Cough Dwarf Rangers cough. They actually aren't too dramatically different from Dwarf Treasure Hunters, the primary difference being that Dwarf Treasure Hunters have handguns and pistols; whereas the Rangers prefer the "Old Ways" and stick to crossbows.  I prefer them because they match the models I have (Dwarf Rangers from LotR) better.

Totally agree, they seem fine, similar enough to the Treasure Hunters that it took me two times to notice the Rune and think "oh wow, do Treasure Hunters get runes?" List flavor definitely seem fun!

• Jay changed the title to 9/ - Ordo Game Night at WOW - Sunday 3:00-8:00