Soup!

HeroZero

1 hour ago, HeroZero said:

Chaos and imperium are valid soup keywords again in 9th correct?

Yes and no; Under the general rules, for a army to count as Battle-forged they must all have a Faction keyword in common. However, the Grand Tournament 2020 rules (and presumably all the other Matched Play systems [I haven’t read them]) they specifically state that this keyword cannot be CHAOS, IMPERIUM, AELDARI, YNNARI or TYRANIDS.

It’s basically an unwritten rule that unless you and your opponent specifically say otherwise, everyone assumes you’re using the Matched Play rules.

16 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

You do have to spend the CP per detachment 

Doesn't go far enough, says I! I say we all go back to the original Force Organization chart. None of these silly "detachments" or "keywords" to muck about with. You wanna play Space Marines? Play 'em. You wanna mix in some Imperial Guard? Tough nuts! Damn kids these days with their "soup"... soup is for eating, not 40k! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Doesn't go far enough, says I! I say we all go back to the original Force Organization chart. None of these silly "detachments" or "keywords" to muck about with. You wanna play Space Marines? Play 'em. You wanna mix in some Imperial Guard? Tough nuts! Damn kids these days with their "soup"... soup is for eating, not 40k! 

Hahaha I remember the last time we had this argument. Alas CP is a precious resource and some armies actually lose a lot if everything is not from the same group. 

I think marines lose doctrines or super doctrines, sisters of battle lose their Rites, so GW is going that way

1 hour ago, Sgt. Rock said:

I say we all go back to the original Force Organization chart.

“Original” Force Organization chart, he says. Harrumph! In the good old days, we had percentages of our points allotted to each unit type and had to do maths to figure it out. None of these newfangled charts you whipper snappers have. If you wanted to play Space Marines you got: 

Characters 50%
Squads 25%+
Support 50% 

Oh, and Support units could be drawn from any Space Marine, Imperial Guard, Imperial Agents, Squats, or Eldar (sans Avatar) codices. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 7:00 AM, Inquisitor66 said:

Pshaww....back in my day we didn't have all these fancy FACTIONS and UNITS, we had X and we had O and we bloody liked it!

Now we were too poor, and we had to eat all our Xs, we had nothing but Os!

And that's how we invented the game of checkers.

• Haha 2

Sand?

You were lucky.

All of my family, trying to get by on what we could find at the bottom of the pothole in the middle of the road where all 287 of us lived.

We all dreamed of one day having even one GRAIN of sand to share between us, let alone the rampant excess of having more than that?

Unthinkable.

We had our pothole, and we were thankful.

• Haha 1