Border Princes Bash - 7s League - Draft Day

jollyork

DRAFT DAY! 
Any team with a complete and legal roster entered into the Sevens League Team Roster file by June 15 11:59 PM PST will be entered into the Pre-Season Skills Draft (see LEAGUE NIGHT BONUS SKILLS DRAFT in the league rules). Since no team will have any League Points, the draft order will be random. Any team without a legal roster will not be eligible to draft a skill. Each coach may select one skill from the draft pool and assign it to any player on their team roster. 

@Weav @Amado @savion47 @Burk @scotthartman @sbr @ninefinger @kb10r @Maxwell Christian @ROGRE

SKILLS DRAFT PROCESS

1. Review the list of Skills available in the Draft Pool 
  2. When it is your turn in the order, post to this thread with your selection and player assignment
    1. NOTE: the assignment must be legal (ie, the player must have either Primary or Secondary access to the skill) 
  3. Your post MUST include:
    1. ID (listed to the left of the skill in the pool)
    2. Skill
    3. Assigned Player (roster number and name) 
    4. Value Increase
    5. Example: A3, Jump Up, #7 Gladys McFanny, +20K 
  4. You may post your selection out of order, but your choice may be voided by a coach earlier in the draft order
    1. Your post may include an alternate selection (for example, if you're going to be unavailable all day) 
  5. The draft closes at 11:59 PM PT the same day the pool is posted 
  6. Any coach who did not make a selection during the draft time will have a skill randomly selected and randomly assigned to player on their team roster
  7. YOU are responsible for updating your team roster correctly, including the new Player Value and Team Value 

QUICK REFERENCE - VALUE INCREASES 
All Drafted skills are considered to be Chosen skills for Value Increases. The total Value Increase is based on the normal access for the player selected. 

Chosen Primary skill: +20,000 gp
Chosen Secondary skill: +40,000 gp
Chosen Unavailable* skill: +40,000 gp

*Unavailable skill is one the player would not normally be able to get; for example, a Mutation or Trait. 

DRAFT POOL
In case you're wondering, these are generated randomly using a Google Sheet RANDBETWEEN() function . 

ID Agility ID General ID Mutations ID Passing ID Strength
A1 Dodge G1 Sure Hands M1 Prehensile Tail P1 Cloud Burster S1 Stand Firm
A2 Dodge G2 Block M2 Horns P2 Running Pass S2 Arm Bar
A3 Jump Up G3 Shadowing M3 Claws P3 Cloud Burster S3 Multiple Block
A4 Dodge G4 Shadowing M4 Horns P4 Pass S4 Arm Bar
A5 Safe Pair of Hands G5 Pro M5 Claws P5 On the Ball S5 Strong Arm

DRAFT ORDER

1. Rhaphen Pillagers - Burk
  2. Teclis'ulor Cancer - Weav
  3. Keepers of the Garden - sbr
  4. Nagash Numbskulls - savion47
  5. Red Port Snakers - Maxwell Christian
  6. Death Bed Friendlies - Amado
  7. The Brothers Stout - scotthartman
  8. Blood River Reavers - kb10r 
  9. Hope Springs Heckions - jollyork
  10. Silverspire Musket Balls - ninefinger
  11. Forever 7's Krooked Kuntz - Rogre

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ninefinger said:

Okay, but what’s the narrative reason that there are these mutations floating around in the Borderlands?   

Things are fast and loose down here, and sometimes you just gotta steal a chain off of a circus bear and give it to your Ogre

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ninefinger said:

Okay, but what’s the narrative reason that there are these mutations floating around in the Borderlands?   

See Step 2 of the selection process. The skill assignment must be legal, so a coach can give it to a player with Primary or Secondary access to Mutations. We have a Chaos Chosen and Skaven team in the league. 

@Weav @Amado @savion47 @Burk @scotthartman @sbr @ninefinger @kb10r @Maxwell Christian @ROGRE

The draft order has been posted. Coach Burk is up first! 

REMEMBER: if your post does not comply with the SKILL DRAFT PROCESS, your selection will be voided and at the conclusion of the draft you will receive a random skill selection assigned to a random player on your roster. 

7 minutes ago, jollyork said:

See Step 2 of the selection process. The skill assignment must be legal, so a coach can give it to a player with Primary or Secondary access to Mutations. We have a Chaos Chosen and Skaven team in the league. 

Oh, so why is there a Value Increase listing for Unavailable skill, with Mutations given as a specific example?

3 minutes ago, sbr said:

I don't currently possess a copy nor the new rules.  Has the sure hands skill changed at all?

Don't think so. Just don't confuse it with Safe Pair of Hands, which lets you choose which direction to drop the ball when you lose it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, savion47 said:

I thought Burk already took Block. I will happily take Block in he doesn't. Much rather have that.

Classic double bluff.

Anyways, unrelated…

I would hate it if no one chose block until it gets to me and Rogre….  That would be super spiteful of all of you…

• Haha 1

Just now, savion47 said:

I thought Burk already took Block. I will happily take Block in he doesn't. Much rather have that.

His first post was a joke, made before the draft order was posted. And it shows how easy it is to cause confusion without the Official Selection Process Format. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jollyork said:

His first post was a joke, made before the draft order was posted. And it shows how easy it is to cause confusion without the Official Selection Process Format. 🙂

I just assumed Burk ignored it to be Burk. Sorry all, well I think my picks are clear. Those ahead of me can do whatever and I will be happy either way.