Border Princes Bash - 7s League - Results Form

jollyork

Results Form Instructions

@Weav @Amado @savion47 @Burk @scotthartman @sbr @ninefinger @kb10r @Maxwell Christian @ROGRE

Our next piece of innovation for the Sevens League is results reporting through a Google Form. Because the league has an open schedule, we need a convenient way for coaches to report match results, and also avoid getting bogged down or confused with paperwork, emails, or lengthy forum threads that could potentially result in lost data. All of the coaches have been sent a Share link to the form, which is designed to walk you through the post-game sequence of a match to ensure all the steps are followed and the results recorded. The form is also designed to be mobile-friendly for your phones and easy-to-use so you can quickly submit your results after each match no matter where you play it. 

Now here is the important part:
EACH COACH FILLS OUT THE FORM FOR EACH MATCH

Yes, this results in duplicate submissions, but it enables the relatively-automated collection of totals and updated League Rankings. 

For example, when Amado and kb01r play a match, BOTH of them will open the form on their mobile phones and enter the match results for their team. 

Please kick the tires and try out the form this week, prior to the season opening, and post your feedback here. I am happy to make adjustments and fix errors before we start logging real match results. I can delete all test entries once the season kicks off. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jollyork said:

For example, when Amado and kb01r play a match, BOTH of them will open the form on their mobile phones and enter the match results for their team. 

Correction: @kb10r roots verbally for @Amado to roll ones, and Amado smiles because he’s too nice to tell Dave to STFU 🤣

• Haha 1

I also added a link to a BB2020 Reference sheet that someone else made, since many coaches are still getting used to the new rules. Looks pretty good, though remember things like Casualties and Prayers to Nuffle are different for Sevens than Elevens, and this sheet is for Elevens. I have not yet found an updated 7s reference sheet, so if you do, please share.