Are there night courses for how play Ad Mech?

I finally got my codex after waiting a freaking month for GW to complete my order. Holy [big bad swear word] balls. Why in the world would I ever want to order directly from GW if it still takes a god damn month?? Anyways...as I said, I finally got the book. I started reading it and half way through I hit the rules.....wait a minute..half way through the book and hit the rules? That is right, half of the freaking codex is rules. Hence the topic. Are there some courses out there that I can take that will teach me how to play Ad Mech? I thought 40K was supposed to be the Pew Pew game...not something I need to start a dissertation on. Ugh. Help?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

I finally got my codex after waiting a freaking month for GW to complete my order. Holy [big bad swear word] balls. Why in the world would I ever want to order directly from GW if it still takes a god damn month?? Anyways...as I said, I finally got the book. I started reading it and half way through I hit the rules.....wait a minute..half way through the book and hit the rules? That is right, half of the freaking codex is rules. Hence the topic. Are there some courses out there that I can take that will teach me how to play Ad Mech? I thought 40K was supposed to be the Pew Pew game...not something I need to start a dissertation on. Ugh. Help?

You need a full PHD 😛

Art of War and Goonhammer are your best bets 

https://www.goonhammer.com/goonhammers-guide-to-the-adeptus-mechanicus/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They have lots to do in the command phase, and then a bucket of dice to roll in the shooting phase. I have seen people use cards to help mark what all is going on with their units. But I agree, Art of War and Goonhammer are your best bets. Otherwise Youtube and watch battle reports to see how people handle keeping all the rules straight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I played an Admech player last month. It was a fun game and he had taken the time to make little tokens for all his rules. This helped a bit.

But I was still horribly confused with their rules. The Admech player said that the day before he had been to a tournament. He said he had a great deal of difficulty keeping track of all the rules. He also said that, even with his little tokens, his 3 opponents were all really confused.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Torg said:

I have not played my Ad Mech since the new codex dropped - They changed quite a bit for me - and my existing army is invalid now. I shelved them until I am done with finishing up my Dark Eldar - which are fantastically fun to play.

-d

DE are a BLAST to play. Lots of versatility but it is hard to tone it down to make games close... 

Ad Mech are Skitarii heavy atm but the Chickens are super good. 

• Like 1