Mesh Armour (15)

Drill Kyn (50)

Autopistol (20)

Autopistol (20)

Mesh Armour (15)

Digger (35)

Stubgun (10)

Mesh Armour (15)

The List should be 1000 points on the nose. What do you think?

@Andozane, 

I love your Squats! Did you pint them?

How are you disappointed? 

I am hobbying with Brehk tonight. I will finish the basing tonight with some sand and grit. Tomorrow, they will be primered. I will be working on terrain all weekend. 

Cheers,

RD

PS. I went to Mindtaker today and saw @Exile and @Sgt. Rock.  With great glee, I dove into the bits box and bought bits by the ounce for kit-bashing Necromunda terrain. @RobynMMI was awestruck how cool the store is with both new and old products. It is a clean, well-light place, with good people, and plenty of room for games. I know our metro area is blessed with great games stores, but Mindtaker is another great one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Raindog said:

I love your Squats! Did you pint them?

How are you disappointed? 

I'm not disappointed, it was a joke good sir 🙂 Kind of a play....meaning, i see Squats as the thread, but its the new squats 🙂

Some of those Squats are recasts by someone we both know, before he moved onto his world of 3D printing 🙂  But others are originals.  The ogryn are all originals...

• Like 1

Update:

image.thumb.jpeg.2d1ef1059bac7d823094ddaf03a85619.jpeg

Okay, 

The red pvc pipes have been painted silver. Then, I added rust and several washed of different colors from green to orange to brown to black.

I used stencils to sponge on numbers. I filled in any gaps with a brush and then added a lighter color for a highlight color. 

image.thumb.jpeg.53b26c3dd1f3a44a3edc99e3c4075b53.jpegIMG_3667.thumb.jpg.76ee3a23b0b124a8b26db445d25a412b.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, andozane said:

I'm not disappointed, it was a joke good sir 🙂 Kind of a play....meaning, i see Squats as the thread, but its the new squats 🙂

Some of those Squats are recasts by someone we both know, before he moved onto his world of 3D printing 🙂  But others are originals.  The ogryn are all originals...

I love the new potato squats. They are not the squats of old. The new squats are the beefed out off-shoots of their smaller kin. 

After going to the gym, I applied the second spray coat to the Ironhead Prospectors. I had to stop at Ace Hardware for two more rattle can of Rust-Oleum Black Spray paint primer. I use the semi-gloss. It is the best for the price, but it can be tacky until it is completely dry. Days like today, when it 89 degrees really helps. 

Oh, by the way, if Games Workshop, or any other company selling products wants to send me free products to try and review, I would never object.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay Gents,

I made four more gantries from bits smashed up from GW and Mantic kits.

I spent a few  hours painting up the GW kit-bashed one and the two of the mixed ones: adding layers of rust. The MDF` walls are washed and I added a stenciled number in blues to most. I will take a few pictures tomorrow. 

I added washes and stenciled numbers on the pipes. They are spray sealed and ready for play, but could use a poster of two, if I get that far. 

Unknown-2.thumb.jpeg.861b9fb33c4d409cbcd63370ce967ec9.jpeg

Yes, it is a crappy cell phone photo, but you can see the MDF fencing mucked up and rusted out with stenciled numbers on them. The fencing were for Infinity, but I thought I would repurpose them. 

Unknown-1.thumb.jpeg.8807cfde260e32a1ba41a3e00e6a4861.jpeg

You can see the gantry to the top is Mantic aka Terrain Crate with bits of 40K barricades from the 3rd Box. I have had the barricades for 22+ years, it is time to start using them again. The Line is super useful as a template. The just need to be modified for the type of game you are playing (40K / Infinity, etc)IMG_3677.thumb.jpg.1e45bf15db3eed08e0b89bcf89beaefa.jpg

The pipe is PVC pipe Gorrilla Glued together. The center gantry is scratch built from different types of card. The green loot case is Mantic, mucked up and marked with a stencil. I will have more painted up tonight. 

• Like 2

I finished constructing two more gantries today. Then, I spray primed them with the Rust-Oleum along with the Grox Shop. After the gantries dried, I painted them, added rust effects, and them added layers of wash. They are ready to play. I will take photos tomorrow when we have proper light.

IMG_3689.thumb.jpg.97fdb2b5a7015513d499e0cc45aa1648.jpg

First spray on the Grox shop.

IMG_3688.thumb.jpg.008bc09c59cec536811b13e5b0733a30.jpg

First spray on the previously photographed gantries. Yes. I painted them to completion in one day. 

Thank you for looking. I will have more updates, but as I start the work week, with Rose-City, and football approaching, my painting and hobby will slow. 

And as if always, if you have bits to donate or if you are a gaming company and want to sent me product to test, I would happily accept them. 

On Sunday, I started pushing around piles on my basement gaming table trying to wrangle a the mess while looking for more GW 40 bizs I have tucked away. Instead of the bitz, I found a few hab units a friend printed out for me a few years ago. They were intended to be used as Infinity Terrain, but they were a bit ramshackle for the sleek future of Corvus Bell. So after primering them red to match some of my of my other Infinity terrain, they have sat in a box. The hab units are basically Conex container with doors, windows, and few other treatments to make them seem like they belong on a seedy space station on for ready-made housing for colonists. 

I chipped up the habs to make them seem worse for the wear, and added more GW bits to create a proper feel for Necromunda. I re-primed them and will paint them using techniques from the videos I linked a few posts up. 

• Like 1

Not sure how I missed this, but looks like you got some answers sorted out.  I can always loan out books, etc, and am happy to chat about rules basics anytime.

Everything is looking good!  Hope to see more of it before long.

I'll try and remember to grab a photo of my sundry space dwarves when I'm home sometime.