Fall/Winter Narrative Campaign interest

scotthartman

Hey all.  Collaborating with Scotty as I come out of hibernation. 

Can folks sound off on what's the best schedule, etc for gaming for them?  (Ish, feel free to @ everyone on your interested list)

Historically, we've had good success with a regular Meetup on Tuesdays or Thursdays at Wow, with People able to arrange other games elsewhere.

Would folks be able to commit to a pre-scheduled league format, similar to what Blood Bowl does?  pickup challenges week by week make it hard for everyone to stay on equal-ish footing.

Tentatively thinking of starting in Oct - with learning games happening up until then.  Asking for a 6/7 week commitment from folks.  I'll double this post in the Discord to try and catch folks everywhere.

• Like 1

Thursdays will be rough for me, but I could probably handle Tuesdays at WoW. Might be able to schedule other games at different times, too, depending on life. Can probably do a pre-scheduled thing, if that's the direction things go. October would be a good start for me, as I'm pretty much down for the count for the next three weeks or so (hernia surgery next Monday, and feelin' it pretty bad in the meantime.) 

• Sad 1

@ninefingerthanks for helping to organize things I'm excited to participate! Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually good evenings for me to play but I work nights and my work schedule is subject to change. I live in inner SE so getting to WOW on weekdays is manageable.

A pre scheduled format would be preferable for me.

October works for me as a start time. Working on painting up my gang right now so that gives me some motivation to finish them! I have never played Necromunda and will definitely need some learning games to prepare for the campaign.

Also if there is a Discord for this group can you share the invite link with me please? 

Tuesday or Thursday at WOW works for me. Especially if the games can be pre-scheduled.

October seems like a great time to start.

I live up in St. John’s and don’t drive. So getting anywhere in the city is a bit of a chore, but I work downtown practically right across the river from WOW.

Tuesday Or Thursdays also work for me at the moment. I Also work nights with my schedule subject to change at times,but for the most part it’s fixed. So a pre-scheduled format sounds good .October start sounds perfect as well. I’m located in Beaverton but should be mobile by Oct. (cars broke down atm) but I have no problem getting a Uber or lift to wherever whenever. Thank you for all your work you’re putting into this! 

Alrighty, here's the plan.  

This will be a survival campaign. This means what you start with is what you have. 

There will be no access to any purchase lists from any source once the campaign starts. 

There will be no access to new gang members

There will be no access to new Hired Guns

Territories will not be used

Credits will not be generated or gained from scenarios.

Meat/food is not used.

Gangs will start with 2000 credits, and 40 XP to assign to skills.

There are no starting gear restrictions, Hired Guns, Brutes, or House Specific Items/gangers. Buy all the things!

I will set up a Google Sheet for campaign tracking.  Scenario wins/losses will count for less than participation and mauling each other.

Gangs will accumulate XP as normal. Death is real. 

Campaign winner will be determined by accumulation of Escape Points.  More on this to follow.

Nothing from Ash Wastes will be used.

Players will determine scenarios and matchups. Games will not be restricted to the Ordo Clubhouse.

Special Scenarios will pop up.

As a veteran of many stalled campaigns, this one is meant to encourage engagement and minimize the backend paperwork.  We will look at future campaigns based on participation here. I will start a new Thread with more narrative details once that's ready.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Depending on which rulebook (or *cough*webpage*cough*) you’re looking at the page number will be different, but under the Post-Battle Sequence section you should find rules for Gaining Experience.

6 XP: The fighter gains a random skill from one of their Primary Skill Sets;

9 XP: The fighter gains a skill of your choice from one of their Primary Skill Sets;

9 XP: The fighter gains a random skill from one of their Secondary Skill Sets;

12 XP: The fighter gains a skill of your choice from one of their Secondary Skill Sets;

15 XP: The fighter gains a random skill from any Skill Set.

• Thanks 3

Oh lawd I am gonna need to paint up some more stuff ASAP. So this will be my first campaign and I will probably have ALOT of questions in the coming weeks but here are the 2 I have right now:

1. Can we start with brutes? I only have 13 Orlock models total so being able to throw a brute or two in there would help me add some meat to my gang.

2. Are we using the new book and it's new rules? I have the 1st edition rulebook and Orlock house book but I won't be able to get the new rule book for a bit.

We’ll adapt in the changes from the new rulebook as much as possible, but since it’s not readily available for sale - the old (Necromunda rulebook hardback, Ash wastes, hive war or dark uprising softbacks) are basically the same.   If I’m able I’ll pull together a cheat sheet of changes.

I believe Scotty’s intention is 40 xp, distributed among your gangers as you see fit.   There’s no cost associated, but the gang rating will increase by the appropriate amount (I can help check maths down the road).

Very few scenarios (maybe nine) will be ‘crew - custom selection unlimited’. (Not looking at the rulebook, please correct me with what therm terminology actually is)

Most scenarios will be a max crew of 10 models, so you could get away with having some gangers doubled up, and be pretty safe if not running into any issues.  Or you and your opponent can agree to hand wave any that come up.

(cawdor and hive scum can break that rule a little bit, but basically 10 models will be max in a given scenario)

I also have a bunch of models for most any gang, as well as hired guns, etc - and am willing to loan them out at Ordo.

no one should feel like they have to go get more models or paint up new ones.  If the campaign spurs you to do that because you want to - hey, Ordo is all about us enabling each other.

to that end - if anybody wants to play and doesn’t have a gang - shoot me a pm here or on discord - i can conceivably put together loaners, or even ‘mercenary gangs’ to be used for drop in play.  (Non campaign players)

sorry - just a hodgepodge of answers to stuff I saw on a lunch break - I’ll aim to sit down and do a more thorough Q+A over the weekend or an evening.

Of course, my work turned upside down, crazy busy, the day after we announced this.