Beer at Dark Tower!?

Sherbert

Wow John, from what I hear it sounds like something really bad happened to you in the back of a game store years ago when there was only an adult section. But in reality I see some minor issues with space and exclusion but lets honestly think about this here. At the end of the day business is business. And we all know we aren't really the big revenue source that we should be, hell I'm not with the new GW sales model.

How much revenue does the young populace bring? Honestly probably not much. But I for one know that having a beer and feeling a little tingles in my tummies would help loosen my pocket book, not to mention bring revenue for beer income alone. I agree with Joey, there aren't many youngins in the back however if this is an issue maybe he could turn it into beer nights, so everyday there isn't an excluded munchkin populace. Much like the famed skating rinks, concessions is where the money is going to be at. Also keep in mind this isn't going to automatically turn the back into a night club.

• Like 1

Are we all really upset about this. I mean really?! Logically this doesn't seem right. 97.8% of us like to drink, and did so at the OFCC. However now that Nathaniel wants to put a booze zone in his store...well our reaction is like he is giving ISIS ferry tickets to America. Think about this;

Do we like to drink? Yes

Do we like to play games? Yes

Do we like to drink and play games? Yes

Do we like to play games and drink at the convenience of our local gaming store? Off with is head...what is this blasphemy?!

• Like 2

I don't think anybody got hyperbolic. I for one, don't think it will be a disaster, but it's also not anything I want, and I do see potential downsides.

What happens when magic players want to drink some brews? They have to go back to the sectioned off area. Most nights that won't make a difference, but it will suck to lose some gaming tables for wargames to lesser nerds playing a boardgame or cards back there. (JK re: lesser nerds)

I'm not convinced that it will improve the experience, and I think it will end up eating up space in ways one might not anticipate. That's all.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.