Fluger Games Day (time to get back on the horse)

fluger

Quick note since most are going to be journeying about now, the end of my driveway has water over it.  I put up some sticks to show where it is safe to go over.  Also, there's a ton of mud where people normally park, I recommend parking parallel to the short chainlink fence staying on the driveway.  That'll avoid most of the mud. 

Freaking rain. 

• Like 1

Had a good time playing against the Tyranids using my Highlander Tau Empire list.  Never seen that much Forge World and non-Codex units on the table at one time, that's for sure, but it was a pretty fun battle.

I had him til the seventh round when he finally pulled ahead at the top of seven by swallowing Shadowsun.  I was able to regain most of the ground lost but it ended in a tie (though see later in the post).  The Fire Warriors broke when the weird Pod kicked out just enough firepower to send the Fire Warriors packing, and his Pods were able to move, which caught me off guard as well.  They are moving AND scoring apparently so they were able to contest an objective and that was really what allowed the tie to happen.

I did get to nuke his enormous big bad thing at the end.  I think we tore each other asunder pretty good.  I think his two pods and his Hieroduel (or whatever that thing is) were all he had left.  never fired a single shot at the Hieroduel though. 

In turn, I had lost my Razorshark Fighter to a Vector Strike, the Riptide to the Hieroduel in round six, Stealthsuits and Shadowsun to the Daemochaeron or whatever that thing is called (though I AAAAAALMOST killed it with Shadowsun before getting swallowed so that was cool) and Fire Warriors failed morale when shot by the Pod thing..

We did forget to score the heavy Support units at the end.  It was Big Guns Never Tire and I totally forgot to ask him which ones were heavy Support if any.  It might not have been a tie.  I'll need to ask Pumpkinhead which of his units were heavy Support.  My Broadsides were the only Heavy Support I had and they survived so I'm guessing it was a win for me but Ill ask him to make sure.

Either way it was a really fun game.

• Like 1

Yeah, sorry about the mud and the flooded driveway!  What a mess!  Also, I checked the ceiling this morning and it was condensation as far as I can tell.  No leaks. 

Anyway, *I* had a great time as always and I was glad for the companionship.  It means a lot that so many people drive so far just to get some game time in the vicinity of me.  With 3 kiddos, it's really hard to make time elsewhere and this is about the only consistent gaming I can get in.  I *REALLY* appreciate you guys making it happen.  Also, huge props on the amount of victuals brought over, there was quite the feast.  I won't get caught with my pants down next time as intrinzic has offered me a super secret recipe for cooking up pork shoulder, so meat will be back on the menu next time! 

Here's some photos I took of the festivities.

UWGGR9l.jpg

8tM3MrX.jpg

o0THo3J.jpg

P7Hm9i6.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, I had 3 heavy support choices.  2 of them were the tyrannocytes (moving, shooting, drop pods) the third was the toxicrene that you blasted away with your snap shooting overwatch shenanigans.  So yes, you would have been up by one point due to that.

I had an awesome time!  Thanks to Lord H and Fluger for the games.  I have some list adjusting to do, now that I have seen a few weaknesses in my list.

• Like 1

I'm just amused that a Barbed Hierodule is a Gargantuan Creature and it's about the same size as the other MCs the Nids have.  

I suspect that the wraithknight is going to become a Gargantuan Creature whenever they re-do the dex.  Then again, the Mork/Gorkanoughts weren't superheavies, so who knows?

• Like 1

Pumpkinhead:  okay cool.  Cant believe we didn't think of the actual MISSION when we were totaling things up.  Hilarious.  And thanks for the game as well.  It was a good challenge.

EDIT: the Toxicrene was hit with the Early Warning Override, not the overwatch.  the huge Daemochaeron was the one I killed with Overwatch at the very top of 7 when he tried to charge the Objective Secured Devilfish.

Fluger:  I think the wraithknight is fine the way it is i think.

Fluger:  I think the wraithknight is fine the way it is i think.

From game mechanics, it's certainly fine as is!  I'm more talking from size of model/logic.  If a Barbed Hierodule that is about half the mass of a wraithknight is a Gargantuan, it would be logical to make a wraithknight gargantuan.  However, logic and GW rarely coexist.  

• Like 1