Harlequin Skyreaver Pic

scottshoemaker

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212 
I have the Skyweavers information for you. 
WS5 BS4 T4 W2 I6 Sv4+ 
100pts gets you 2 skyweavers and you may take up to 4 more.  
any model can replace the star bolas-12"S6 AP2 blast 1/use only but in addition to bikes guns, with a zephyrglaive-S+1/User AP2/3 Melee.  first numbers are for the round they charge 

any jetbike can replace the shuriken cannon with a Haywire Cannon 24"S4 AP4 blast haywire 

Wargear, each one comes with a Holo-suit, star bolas, mirage launchers-1/game 4++vs shooting, and a skyweaver jetbike 

fear, furious charge, and hit and run are the special rules.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212 

I have the Skyweavers information for you. 

WS5 BS4 T4 W2 I6 Sv4+ 

100pts gets you 2 skyweavers and you may take up to 4 more.  

any model can replace the star bolas-12"S6 AP2 blast 1/use only but in addition to bikes guns, with a zephyrglaive-S+1/User AP2/3 Melee.  first numbers are for the round they charge 

any jetbike can replace the shuriken cannon with a Haywire Cannon 24"S4 AP4 blast haywire 

Wargear, each one comes with a Holo-suit, star bolas, mirage launchers-1/game 4++vs shooting, and a skyweaver jetbike 

fear, furious charge, and hit and run are the special rules.

HIT AND RUN  FTW !!!!

• Like 1

Kinda depends on the list.  In an Eldar WS based list, they'll get punished for not being Wave Serpents.  I don't know what the cool kids are taking as far as Dark Eldar go, but I primarily take Venom spam, so I think they would last longer in that list because Venoms are great targets of opportunity.

If your main detachment is Harlies...., can the primary detachment be Harlies?, time will tell when we see what the rest of the army can do.

but I think I missed your question....I see many roles that they can fill:

They seem like a fragile shooting unit, with CC potential, mostly in a counter-assault kind of way, Str 5 ap 2 on the charge will make units cry, and yet....still no grenades?

yeah - well I would be doing a harlequin army… not sure about the codex this time around yet ( but I have done them in the past).  But coupled with some DE and CE - but not making a duplicate of a WS list for CE.  an assault army… lots of clowns.  … bikes and speed.  So I see these as counter-assault role.  Again not knowing what the rest of the codex will hold - but just seeing them alone… I was thinking at minimum 3 or 4 of them to be viable (more than a token unit).  Of course the rest of the army will matter in the equation - which is why this is just grasping at ideas lol.

-d

well - thinking about a list I was thinking about doing for OFCC last year.  Harlequin list (CW/DE) list - I was looking at at least 2-3 units of bikes - hellions - shining spears… coupled with "harlequin WL's" (counts-as Talos/Cronos or normal WL's).  Filled out with a unit or 2 of storm guardians as "mimes" and what I could get as far as normal harlequins. 

Using the things I already have (harlequin bikes - shining spears converted into harlequin bikes) and the hellions.  - I am thinking about the same sorta theme.  But it will have to wait for the codex to see what will work in the end lol.  

should be fun for ofcc… but probably not very effective as a list lol - 

• Like 1

Thanks to Neckutter on Warseer the full rules:

bbaf6d326c0891ff78af689190045a7c.jpg

Haywire canon is 24", S4, Ap4, heavy 1 blast and haywire.

Mirage launchers: once per game 4++ against shooting instead of Jinking.

Star bolas: 12", S6, Ap2, assault 1, blast, one use, and can use in addition to jetbike weapon.

Zephyroglaive: S:user Ap3 when not charging, S+1, Ap2 when charging

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403593-A-Laugh-For-Christmas&p=7374778&viewfull=1#post7374778

• Like 2

From Neckutter on Warseer
edad4822f58c0f1aadb628b89ec18962.jpg

On sale February 14th, "Harlequin Masques" are for sale along with harlequin heraldry. Sounds like the codex is for sale on that day, and the painting guide as well. Harlequin Masques are what the army is referred to.

So according to him Codex: Harlequin Masques, Skyweaver Jetbikes and the 'Harlequin Heraldry'-Painting Guide book can be preordered this Friday and are released on Saturday Feb 14

• Like 1