Wrath of the Rose City Slayers

Id like to see an army of slayers fight the army of all giants.

Slayers win....the end?

I think it would be interesting to see if the Slayers win. Send in the sacrificial giants and hope to fall on the slayers. Then send in the second wave of sacrifice. Hopefully the third wave gets the job done. Or, you just charge 4 giants at every block and hope for the best!

Id like to see an army of slayers fight the army of all giants.

yeeea see there's almost no monster that wants to deal with slayers.  actually little of anything wants to deal with slayers in combat except cheap infantry to tie them down.  it has to do with slayer rules.  giants just die.  they have no armor so slayers laugh and take 2 sticks and always wounding on 4s=dead giants. especially against horde of slayers.  if its just regular slayers they do on average(without hatred) 4 wounds with two sticks.  then assuming the giant kills a few from attacks/tstomp it dies before it falls over.  and thats just if its 30 regular slayers... giants have additional attack and dragons do d3 wounds lol.  if there's anything slayers want to fight, it's giants.

fluffwise though... HECK YES!!!!

There is also this scibor one, a little work would need to be done to his hair to make it work. 

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=852#i/lato_2009/big/dwarf_2axes_02.jpg

yea raindog, idk if i told you this but ive basically exclusively been buying dwarf models from scibor.  have yet to paint them but i have quite a bit and will have them done for ofcc.  their resins are just gorgeous.  very few flaws in them.  there's also a few legit slayer models holding troll heads and such.  you didnt like cupid slayer?!?! i think he makes an awesome daemon slayer.  he's about the only dwarf that would 'fit in' with your wood elves ;)

The problem with touching up old models, is that is hard to find a place to stop. Most of my Slayers were painted in 2004 or before. My painting skills are much better than a decade ago. Right now, I need to stay on target and stick with the beards. Then, I will touch up the skin were any orange has touched. Finally, I may add a few tattoos.

I am on the last highlights of the orange hair. I have had to mix and shake seldom used paints, so they will work properly.

On a happier note, all of the Quarreller bases are done. I need to paint the boots next.

The problem with touching up old models, is that is hard to find a place to stop. Most of my Slayers were painted in 2004 or before. My painting skills are much better than a decade ago. Right now, I need to stay on target and stick with the beards. Then, I will touch up the skin were any orange has touched. Finally, I may add a few tattoos.

Brush tip micron pens are fantastic for this. I have a blue one if you want to use it.

List Two:

Ungrim Ironfist  350 

WS 9 BS4 S4 T6 W3 I5 A4 LD10
S6 in combat and killing blow, 4+ ward, 
3+ Armor Save

Daemon Slayer, 230
WS 7 BS4 S4 T5 W3 I5 A4 LD10
Master Rune of Flight, 2 Runes is Might.

Runesmith, GW, Rune of Stone, Rune of Spell Breaking, 96

12 Quarrelers with Shields, M. 166
30 Longbeards, Shields, SB, M.  Ancestor Rune 482

30 Slayers, M, SB,  Giant Slayer with Rune of Fire and Speed

Strollaz Rune, Rune of Sanctuary, 452

30 Slayers, M, SB,  380, Strollaz Rune, 447
Giant Slayer with Rune of Fire. 

Organ Gun 170
Rune of Accuracy, Rune Of Forging 

Organ Gun 160
Rune of Penetration.

• Like 2

Rudra took a look a the list and said he would probably corner his army and would wait for me to come to him.  I think I would be happy with that tactic.  I would roll the Organ GUn forward for a turn or two and then fire away. I think I could force the fight on my terms. 

I think the key with the lads is being patient and picking the fight I want, and then bringing the army to bear with combined attacks. 

I'm fairly confident that I could take your slayer army if I was very careful and stuck to a strategy.  The slayer blocks are scary, but can be avoided for early turns then baited later in the game.  The longbeards, though strong, are the easy block to get points out of without giving any up.  The organ guns are not scary to me with the chalice and 3 possible miasmas.  That's more than enough protection to shut them down until at least one of my smaller units can get into combat with them.  

I think it would be a good fight.

• Like 1

1. I have nothing to handle the herdstone. There are no scout or skirmishers. 

2. The flying doombull can find his fights.

3. The organ guns are really for handling chaff and avoiders.

4. If I can hit your big blocks with the Slayers, I think I can win the game.

5. I agree the Longbeards there to look pretty.  I need core and I don't want 400+ points in additional shooting units. 

6. That Chalice is wicked!

• Like 1