Wrath of the Rose City Slayers

Ungrim Ironfist  350 

WS 9 BS4 S4 T6 W3 I5 A4 LD10

S6 in combat and killing blow, 4+ ward, 

3+ Armor Save

Daemon Slayer, 230

WS 7 BS4 S4 T5 W3 I5 A4 LD10

Master Rune of Flight, 2 Runes is Might.

Runesmith, GW, Rune of Stone, Rune of Spell Breaking, 96

12 Quarrelers with Shields, M. 166

34 Longbeards, Shields, SB, M.  Ancestor Rune 482

30 Slayers, M, SB,  Strollaz Rune, Rune of Sanctuary, 430

30 Slayers, M, SB,  380, Strollaz Rune, 415

Organ Gun 170

Rune of Accuracy, Rune Of Forging 

Organ Gun 160

Rune of Penetration.

This is my first attempt at a list. I know I could have another unit of Slayers if I did not take the Daemon Slayer, but I think the Daemon Slayer is fun.

I am considering dropping the Runesmith and the Ancestor for a pair of naked Dragon Slayers.

What do you all think?

MR of FLIGHT!!! i havent done that shenanigan yet haha.  awesome.

keep the runesmith.  scrolls are so important for dwarfs.  probably standard rather than muso with quarrelers because rarely will swift reform gain them much(xbows are move or shoot) while standard gives them more static res to keep them in the game(especially with shields preventing deaths giving you rank plus standard).  ancestor rune is a great cheap option and i love it(i use to do it a lot). 

i want to like the daemon slayer but he's just so gosh darn expensive for having little defense.  i mean 3 naked dragon slayers are less than that one tooled daemon slayer and twice the wound amounts. if you really want the daemon slayer i would seriously consider parrying rune so that things are basically at 5s to hit him and he can grind in challenges.  not feeling double might just because he has a D3 built into him against monsters and most T5 things besides vamps and chaos lords(which generally have speed to get away from slayers) are monsters anyways.  ungrim is fun and ive wanted to try him as well.  i have a kind of similar ungrim list to yours except i just ditched artillery altogether and have a bunch of copters.  i cant ever do less than 2 copters.  they are too much fun and really assist with combat dwarfs.  obviously different play styles though :) 

Step One: Put away WE.

I bought two pluck and pull foam trays with store credit from Borderlands. I plucked them today and will try to place my WE away tonight and/or the next, so I can start taking the Slayers out. 

Future Step: Find or make a good Slayer King. I have the old model, but he is happy. 

Step One: Put away WE.

I bought two pluck and pull foam trays with store credit from Borderlands. I plucked them today and will try to place my WE away tonight and/or the next, so I can start taking the Slayers out. 

Future Step: Find or make a good Slayer King. I have the old model, but he is happy. 

With your conversion skittles, I would bet you could come up with a fantastic looking slayer king.

One thing to consider, in one of the Slayer units is to give the giant slayer a flaming rune, and AP rune.  This gives you the flaming option to kill regen before your unit swings, the penetration helps against chimera who have an armour save. You can even have two, one with flaming, AP and an Ini boost.   

^i have a list with that combo for that exact reason mojo!   slayer combinations are really fun.  i like to overload on giant slayers a bit more than most people for tactical reasons.  a key note that i seem to forget sometimes is that if you have a character slayer, you dont necessarily have to pick the same type of axes as the unit he's in.  giants do have to pick the same unless they have a rune so thats a nice way to get out of that rule as well.  i love dragon and giant slayers.  ive only used a daemon slayer once and he just died too easily.  have either of you guys(raindog or mojo or anyone else) had success with daemon slayers?

I have had some success with daemon slayers, they do die, but they also kill stuff, and if built right they kill a lot of stuff.  I like them in groups of three.  I will arm one giant slayer with a grudge rune, then all three daemon slayers will have a grudge rune, so I can mark 4 things and all of them get the bonus against all four things.

1.  ASF, Double strength vs T5 and Grudge.  He is hitting most monsters one 2's and Nurgle deamon princes on 4's and other non nurgle lords on 3's, most likely he will have character re-rolls for hits, then re-rolling failed wound rolls with grudge, forces re-rolls of ward saves and does d3 wounds on monsters including daemon princes.  Not once has a monster of any kind faced this daemon slayer and lived more than one round of combat including Nagash. 

2.  Hammer toss, Double strength and grudge.  Monsters hate this one because all of the close combat rules that apply to slayers apply to this long distance attack once it has been thrown, this one is also good to use against those nasty death magic daemon princes that like to try to purple sun your flanks.  Don't forget you can stand and shoot with it too. 

3.  No Armour saves, +1 Attack and Grudge.  This one is really good at taking out knights, sometimes I will swap out the furry with parrying but I like the extra wound potential on T3 elfs. (This is the one I drop when I take Ungrim, his high strength and killing blow help to negate armour enough to where I'm comfortable not taking it)

The trick is getting these guys into combat, a strollaz's slayer block helps, but it is no guarantee.