New Knights

cadaver2k

Yeah, those quake/volcano rumors are from BOLS. As a reminder, Larry Vela is a bit of a crap shoot.

Larry Vela aka Big Red - Total rumors: (165 TRUE) / (348 FALSE) / (20 PARTIALLY TRUE/VAGUE)

via Bird in the Trees

Both Knights are coming via a combined combo kit.
Plastic kit will be released in the short-term, but the exact week is unknown.
The Warden & Crusader will share White Dwarf only rules initially, with inclusion in a codex coming later.
The new designs do not share the “turtle shell” carapace, and have a divergent appearance.
Both models share an up-armored, brutal appearance compared to the Paladin/Errant model.
Both share three weapon hardpoints, 2 arms and a top carapace mount.
Both new Knights share a Heavy Support position in a Imperial Knights army list.
Expect an Imperial Knights “Decurion” formation to be arriving with the new kits.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/04/imperial-knight-new-model-releases.html 

via Bird in the Trees on Bols 
Crusader is armed with: Quake Cannon, TL Las-cannons 
Warden is armed with: Volcano Cannon, Multi-barreled Autocannon 
Both models have an optional top carapace missile launcher weapon mount, with multishot S8, AP3 anti-flyer capability 
Both models are protected by a single energy field based heavily on the rules for the Stronghold Assault book’s Void Shield Generator. 
Armor Values: Front:14 Side:13 Rear:13 
Hull Points: 8 
Both models clock in well above the cost of the Knight Paladin/Errant 

The original Knights in epic did have variants armed with the Volcano and Quake Cannons, but that means very little when it comes to printing such units in 40K.

Yeah, I think that's part of what's going on here. Vela has a tendency to pull together speculation, historical information, etc to make his 'rumors'. It gives him a better chance of being right than a dartboard, but not by much.

But....but kind sir the teaser in next weeks WD said something big was coming, surely they could not be advertising for FW stuff in a GW magazine right?

Wouldn't be the first time.

There's also the possibility it is the rumored HH game.

Basically, I'm skeptical of anything that purely comes out of BOLS/Larry Vela.

Okay splitting the weapons like that I can see...initial post was prior to coffee and I was picturing then together on one Or doubled up. Seriously tough cookies if those armor values hold out to be true... Yeah epic had those stubby little guys that looked pill bug like that mounted these things... And warden seems to sound right. I might actually buy one to run with my all knight army and in apoc...

Wouldn't be the first time.

There's also the possibility it is the rumored HH game.

Basically, I'm skeptical of anything that purely comes out of BOLS/Larry Vela.

This is just total speculation on my part but since they just came out with the Assassins box set/game I think we may be waiting a little while for the HH box set/game, seems too soon for another one.

I imagine they would release the full rules either in the White Dwarf, or in the kit (similar to my Glotkin). But considering the major changes to both the allies matrix, detachments, and the D tables presented in the current Imperial Knight codex, I don't think a new codex would be out of the question.

A new codex seems very likely.