The Martian trailer

Blustorm

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

One best damn hard scifi books I have read. Can't recommend it enough. Glad to see Ridley Scott as director, but trailer gave away way too much.

You need to read it, Nate. Forget just the category of hard SF, it's one of the best books I've read in years, period. I'm kind of apprehensive about the movie, both because I'm not a huge fan of Damon and because the nature of the book seems like it might lose a lot in translation to film. The supporting cast looks brilliant, tho, and it is Ridley Scott at the helm, so I'm gonna have to give it a try.

• Like 2

You need to read it, Nate. Forget just the category of hard SF, it's one of the best books I've read in years, period. I'm kind of apprehensive about the movie, both because I'm not a huge fan of Damon and because the nature of the book seems like it might lose a lot in translation to film. The supporting cast looks brilliant, tho, and it is Ridley Scott at the helm, so I'm gonna have to give it a try.

I'll add it to my list. I never even heard of it before seeing a notice for the trailer; then while reading the comments, found out the movie was based on a book.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

If anyone likes the journal style writing and zombies, the day by day Armageddon series is just as good.

Yeah character development with journal style is so much more interesting to me. I truly enjoyed the book and plan to read it again before movie release