AoS Moving Forward: More Rumors / Leaks

Honestly while the Celestant Prime Model is amazing, the Rules for him are Good but not Overpowering.

He has no saves of any kind versus Mortal Wounds, he has fewer wounds than most models of his size and to make him effective in combat you have to wait 2-3rd turn in game. NOW that doesnt mean at all he is bad, he will wreck a lot of things but I see him as the best destroyer of Backfield Shooting model Sigmarines have. He can also alpha strike characters but keep in mind that since you have to pick which model swings first during your turn, if he gets wrapped up into a unit with even a Rend characteristic of 1 or causes Mortal Wounds, he can go down fast.

Anything can go down fast in AoS.

I got a first turn charge off on the glottkin with an ogre stonehorn, today. How do you think it went for the glottkin?

Initiating combat is massive.

It's also rather strategic.

Also, the whole measure from the model thing is the farthest thing from a big deal in a game I've seen. It isn't a thing at all- stop talking about it and try it out.

Oh and making a model bigger just makes it a bigger target- not at all better. Also, big models suck to transport.

• Like 1

i really have to disagree about the model to model instead of base to base measuring not being a thing at all.  i will model my guys sword arm pointing straight forward so his sword pokes through the models in front of him.

I don't see anything wrong with that.Im glad that I have so many Orc Boys with their choppas out front mid swing:).Those guys used to be a pain to rank up lol.This is a good example of how model to model is actually more realistic.

As for the new Mega Marine Angel dude,yeah hes not OP`d but he brings a ton to the Stormcast as they still don't have monsters or casters.

I do have to say that maybe it's just because I played the starter box, but I didn't find starting combat to be quite the game changer that it's made out to be above.  Not to mention, charging multiple units seems to not be a great option because of how combat works on the rules.

Mind you, I haven't read the FAQ's yet.

yea making it rounder all around isnt all that bad, but making a 'pointed' part to the model is what gets abusive really.  what really makes this guy OP is it messes with your opponents strategies A LOT.  if you wait til 3+ turns this guy will solo a lot of things in this game when he gets in combat.  3+ he will survive quite a few attacks as well and the -2 to battleshock along with D3 mortal wounds on top of his 6+ attacks that will do 12+ wounds... not many things for his wound amount can put out that much damage!  and definitely not with the drop from freaking nowhere is insane.  heck my miners screwed everything up my first game and they are MINERS.  not a kill machine like this guy lol

i really have to disagree about the model to model instead of base to base measuring not being a thing at all.  i will model my guys sword arm pointing straight forward so his sword pokes through the models in front of him.  

Well, then you are just gonna be "that guy" and that's okay. :)

I havent had an issue with measuring model to model, but then again, I havent played against someone that would sit and remodel their army to gain an advantage like that. Even if they did, its AoS and why would I care? Game breakers exist to break games, not play them. 

Any game can be abused by people. If you want to be that person, by all means, just dont expect to have the wonderful opportunity of playing against a guy like me!! ;) HAHAHAHA. 

• Like 1

Well, then you are just gonna be "that guy" and that's okay. :)

I havent had an issue with measuring model to model, but then again, I havent played against someone that would sit and remodel their army to gain an advantage like that. Even if they did, its AoS and why would I care? Game breakers exist to break games, not play them. 

Any game can be abused by people. If you want to be that person, by all means, just dont expect to have the wonderful opportunity of playing against a guy like me!! ;) HAHAHAHA.

Once again..Model to Model is not a big deal.

Example using "Modeling for advantage",You charge a unit with your unit of Spearmen that have their weapons out in front of them(I know,how unrealistic to be charging with your piercing weapon out in front of you).You lock into combat and get several models into striking range and cause all but the front rank of enemy models to evaporate.

Then my turn I bring in a unit on your flank while most of your unit will still be closer to the first unit(that was likely a tank or baiter) due to having spears up my models noses so you are stuck fighting my anvil unit while my wound stacker strips models out of your unit, because remember,you can only pile in toward the closest model...

I was thinking more of a sticking pointy bits out so you could ensure you could control direction of exposure and then surrounding the model with a delivery unit.

In the discussions I have been paying attention to, here and elsewhere, there seems to be an appetite to do this type of thing so I think there is money to be made.

The more stuff that sticks off your model, the more models that can attack it. In terms of the 3" rule in the movement phase, i think it works alright, but in combat its literally a double edge. 

A spearman with their spear poking through the ranks makes its unit vulnerable to attack as well as being able to attack. 

• Like 1

Yes, but you control which way the model faces. I suppose you could enforce that no part of the model moves more than it should, but good luck enforcing that. Or you slow the game down even more as people try to comply.

It seems like a dick move, but you could sit there and advance your spearmen with their backs to the enemy models until you need them to be in range, and then spin them about so that their spears are closer.

• Like 1

Basically, with every game I've played - we have measured a one inch attack as base to base or within 1/2 of an inch. Two inch attacks can attack from the second row.

When measuring from the model I've always measured from it's bulk. Ie it's torso, or major extremities- not its weapons, decorations, pointy bits or what have you.

Also, for movement- I think everyone has basically just been measuring from the base. I'd actually say I'd think measuring distance should just be from base center. So moving a unit you just hold the measure over about it's center and move it so it's new location with its center being at the new location. This method essentially takes the round base vs square base issue out of the picture.

Lady Atia wrote:This week releases should be afaik

Prosecutors box, three models, should be 46,- € 

Knight Azyros, should be 33,- € 
(that guy is the prosecutor hero) 

Knight Venator, same price as the Azyros, shooty hero 

Stormcast Eternals Upgrade Sprues, should be 9,- €, with shields and stuff (we have seen the shields back with the one bundle) 

Battletome Stormcast Eternals, should be 46,- €, here you have your Armybook/Codex with fluff and rules^^ 

regards, 
Lady Atia 

Edit: Also, afaik we still have the Knight Vexillor (banner) and Knight Heraldor to go, just not this week 39ea8e0dbfb45dcc6b802cd0e198dba3.gif

These look better than a lot of the range, but the tiny wings on the lantern look stupid as all get out.

SO!

Chaos spams skulls all over everything so I see no reason why Sigmar cant spam something a bit more "Good guy" oriented, like wings:),so THERE!

Though I just imagined what the Stormcast "Stronghold" will look like...you may have a point...