starting aleph!

Don't Panic

Yeah Nathan is a really cool guy, knows the rules inside and out too. Seems like some games there's just no luck on your side.

honestly i would have gotten creamed even if i had average luck i think.  he had superior position and played everything well.  plus i never have 'average' luck lol.  its super weird haha!  i had some sneaky stuff though that caught him off guard a little when i ARO engaged with my dakini and then took control of his mine with my minesweeper bot. you know this game is a ton of fun when you get your teeth kicked in but still had a ton of enjoyment!  he had a hard list for me to handle and i brought something kinda silly really(tons of robots lol).  only thing that actually got through armor was the only time i shot with my asura.  i need to learn how to use her better... 

oh forgot to add: i read all the fluff last night for like 3-4 straight hours(maybe more?).  loved it... aleph is in there a lot more than i thought just dont have a 'headline' like everyone else besides tohaa.  its really quite interesting.  i can say which fluff i enjoyed the best but i think ariadna was one of the most fun to read and combined army had the most unique fluff.  but just a really fascinating game!

• Like 1

starting to get a feel for things a bit but want to test out other pieces.. not sure exactly how 2 groups works with aleph but was thinking that only way it seems to make sens right now to me is if i put a link team in the second group.  the second group could be myrms but they are dealt with easily if your opponents have the tools and not sure they are worth stacking the points into... enter thorakitai.  58 point link team and i could put more into it and have double rockets but ill keep it conservative for now.  with 360 arc and slightly higher arm they might be able to 'bunker' and cover more shooting space(myrms are still faster and better in short range) than myrms.  they will go down to majority of things, but not many people like taking aro 2 burst rockets... they are more just a speed bump.  the punch will be in my first group.  asura with spitfire.  yup going to bring that bad girl out.  she's quite the tank and can dish out damage to things that dont want to be shot at with heavy guns.  she will need to have protection though because she is hackable.. my other big puncher will be the dakini with HMG.  bs11 is pretty 'meh' but it is fast and has mimetism.  most importantly though is it's an REM so i can do the standard markmanships hack with thamyris.  proxy girls are neat.  cheap yet really decent stat lines.  i need to learn how to use the sniper because it will take some finesse.  1 drop guy just to pick off something i need to pick off.  he will be cheap and just have templates to be a suicide runner.  and then machaon.  so i really like him.  ive only played him once and forgot the most important rules to him that make him good so i shouldnt forget his defensive specialties.  he's an obvious lieutenant, but can throw zero V smoke, ODD, NWI and can freaking heal himself.  he's very defensive and solid just have to stay away from the scary ammunition types(easier said than done).  so that's kinda my thinking right now for this 300 pt list.  any suggestions/thoughts are encouraged cause i still have no idea what im doing sometimes :) 

logo_71.png Aleph
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png 9 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_32.png THAMYRIS Hacker (Hacking Device) Marker, Nanopulser / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
logo_23.png EKDROMOS Chain Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (19)
logo_18.png PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_17.png PROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (14)
logo_10.png DALETH Rebot Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (17)
logo_1.png DAKINI Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
logo_27.png MACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
logo_15.png NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)
logo_4.png ASURA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 70)

Group 2 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png4 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_35.png THRASYMEDES (Fireteam: Enomotarchos) Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 30)
logo_20.png THORAKITES Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (16)
logo_20.png THORAKITES Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (12)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open with Army 5

lol yea total brain fart!  i just really want to use the proxy girls, asura and my hmg dakini but if i do that means no link teams and i want to play those to learn how to play them... so enter link team crazy [big bad swear word]!  also has the nice plus that pheonix or machaon could be lieutenant 

logo_72.png Steel Phalanx

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png 9 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_22.png THAMYRIS Hacker (Hacking Device) Marker, Nanopulser / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
logo_1.png EKDROMOS Chain Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (19)
logo_7.png DALETH Rebot Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (17)
logo_8.png ZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
logo_17.png MACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
logo_18.png PHOENIX Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 35)
logo_5.png MYRMIDON Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (24)
logo_5.png MYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (25)
logo_13.png PROBOT (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (8)
logo_11.png YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)

Group 2 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_25.png THRASYMEDES (Fireteam: Enomotarchos) Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 30)
logo_3.png THORAKITES Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (16)
logo_3.png THORAKITES Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
logo_3.png THORAKITES Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (12)
logo_12.png NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

• Like 1

but but but I LIKE ROCKETS!  AS MANY ROCKETS AS POSSIBLE!  all jokes aside it wont suffice for ITS with a lack of engineer which i just noticed.  i dont have dactyls and not sure if i want to invest much more.   so probably go back to vanilla and pull off a few thorakites.  i think im having too much fun with lists and need to stick to one to try... but i need to test an ITS legal/'all objectives possible' one lol.

• Like 1

i had a nice bit of scotch tonight and was bored and thought 'i need to make a list with as many robots as possible'.  think i accomplished this... i started out making this for a joke but actually it doesnt look that pitiful lol.  i may actually need to try this one..

logo_71.png Aleph

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_1.png DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (13)
logo_1.png DAKINI Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
logo_1.png DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (13)
logo_11.png ZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
logo_9.png SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (31)
logo_14.png YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
logo_2.png GARUDA Tacbot Boarding Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (21)
logo_5.png MARUT Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW. (3 | 120)
logo_43.png SCYLLA Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser + 1 Devabot / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0.5 | 32)
sep.giflogo_43_2.png DEVABOT Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (7)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 5

wow thats putting a ton of points into an 8 inch template basket... 4 myrms with 3 characters is 150+ points.  just bring some templates next time and try to stay out of pheonix arc as he is brutal in a link team.  throw some spec shots if you can to take off the odd and then pick off individuals or keep templating them.  thats a nasty combo but admittingly not my style i found out last week as its quite a big risk big reward setup.

wow thats putting a ton of points into an 8 inch template basket... 4 myrms with 3 characters is 150+ points.  just bring some templates next time and try to stay out of pheonix arc as he is brutal in a link team.  throw some spec shots if you can to take off the odd and then pick off individuals or keep templating them.  thats a nasty combo but admittingly not my style i found out last week as its quite a big risk big reward setup.

I got all of them but Ajax. :) So there was a minor morale victory in there for me! :)

Last game, I -only- killed Ajax, so it was a complete 180. LOL!

I love this game. :)

• Like 2

here's a list i think might be a list for competitive events.  would be very challenging to learn but has a lot of fun things in it.  give me feedback if ya can! 

logo_71.png Aleph

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_17.png PROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (14)
logo_2.png GARUDA Tacbot Boarding Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (21)
logo_11.png ZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
logo_18.png PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_4.png ASURA Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 72)
logo_6.png NAGA (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
logo_7.png DASYU Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 35)
logo_3.png DEVA (G: Synchronized) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser+Devabot / Pistol, Knife. (27)
sep.giflogo_3_2.png DEVABOT Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (4)
logo_9.png SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (31)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 5

so i sucked terribly tonight.  lost all three games in laughable fashion.  game can be a little frustrating ill admit.  think i ate about 10 crits tonight but i did finally get 1 in the end so ill call it a wash :biggrin: .  my list lacked any long range threat and i think i should have just not brought a hacker cause he was worthless overall.  the thought was that even though light rocket launchers are not great long range range, at least thasymedes is -9 to hit but it doesnt seem to matter when he just eats crits. bad dice are really unforgiving in this game... but eh even in 3 losses i had fun.  that list gets the trash can though... just not versatile enough.  might bring an agema or something for long range threat next time! 

• Like 3

yeah, lacking the tools completely will make for some desperate moments.

Top players have repeatedly said to bring at least something, be it a tactic or piece of equipment, for the inevitable bad day.

Can't speak for wh40k since I have not played since Tau came out, but whfb saw a great deal of trying to bypass phases. Chaos and the shooting phase for instance. Infinity does not afford that nearly as well hahaha

I consistently bone my reactive phase, because I just keep falling in to the same trap of hiding, rather than keeping pressure on the opponent. 

Just as you figured, versatility is indeed extremely important.

And rather than thinking "I need MSV for camo, sniper for long range etc etc" I would suggest thinking this way instead, "I need something for anti camo, I need something to contest/survive long range" 

Camo can be bypassed by starving it for orders (kill everything else), flame/chain DTW, mines, MSV, sensor, sniffer, and so on. Choose the one that works best with your play

Snipers at long range? Drop troops, camo, hidden deployment, cautious move, and so on.

Dont give up on a list that has things you like, tweak what just doesn't work for you!

Paid for by the don't throw away committee (DTAC)

• Like 2

yea when i say trash i mean that exact list ill never play again lol.  i planned on still doing the thorakitai link team and machaon is an excellent leiutenant at low point levels.  the problem is with the remaining points which i think instead of the hacker ill just bring something with range.  i actually kinda like the mk12 agema A LOT.  not too into the missile launchers just cause they are B1 and relying on B1 for protection with my luck is not going to cut it lol.  so i think ill bring the mk12 guy next time i try this list instead of the hacker.  he will at least scare the crap out of snipers/camo... bs13 with xvisor and msv2?  that should solve some of my problems... i wish steel phalanx had camo and a more durable/reliable long range threat.  why im leaning towards tossing link teams(and steel) and playing with all the other toys.  but i think i enjoy the thorakitai link more than myrms.  idk why i just like that they are cheaper, less unidimensional and have more gun options *shrugs* and thasymedes is basically a myrm with 360 as their leader.  he just had some bad luck yesterday lol.  also im really happy to see both eric/pete pick apart link teams the way you should!  was pretty cool to see that.  but yea once i get the rest of my aleph stuff im probably going to walk away from steel a bit or just go back and forth. 

• Like 2