Codex Deathwatch and new Campaign Box (DW vs Eldar)

pretre

Rumors indicate that the captain is just the old multi-kit captain with the DW sprue. Were that the case, the old captain was 22 USD previously, 3 bucks for a DW upgrade sprue? Just seems odd but makes sense I guess.

I was assuming it's Artimis in a clam shell.  If it's the full Build-a-Boss Box, that'd be pretty chill.

The Terminator Captain is listed as being a clamshell, but the regular Captain says it's a box:

releaes.PNG

That Captain box was a good kit anyhow, and if there's a DeathWatch upgrade sprue in there for just a couple of bucks more, that's going to take it up to "great".

• Like 1

They mention the use of Special Issue Ammunition with Bolt Pistols, but don't provide profiles. We can pretty much extrapolate, but still, that seems like a significant gap there.

Forget you, my Bolt Pistol uses Bolt Gun Ammunition and has a 24", 30", or 18" range as appropriate when firing SIA.  Clearly that is what was intended. 

Dude. Any IC with Shrouded is potentially a big deal.

The fact that he can be part of a Cast of Players is pretty nice. It means that, for a 10pt tax, you can give the whole unit Shrouded without any need for activating a psychic power or anything, which covers their biggest weakness.

If the Troupe units weren't equipped so horribly, they would be worth using. Being able to Run+Charge is really big, but having only a small handful of special melee weapons makes them not worth it. Also, the fact that neither Eldrad nor the Jester can do the Run+Charge thing is... kinda harsh.

There are two Kisses in that Troupe. One with a basic pistol, and one with a Disruptor.

I see Caresses way more often than Kisses these days, tho. The fact that there are only two Caresses in both Units put together is what seems weird to me.

Caress is generally accepted as the superior melee option, yeah. It's numbers against things are just really, really high (especially with benefit of Prescience or the like.)

• Like 2

The Terminator Captain is listed as being a clamshell, but the regular Captain says it's a box:

releaes.PNG

That Captain box was a good kit anyhow, and if there's a DeathWatch upgrade sprue in there for just a couple of bucks more, that's going to take it up to "great".

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1110/698444.page#8828539 is what I am referring to.

Not sure if real or fake. Pic seems odd considering that the chart above lists a terminator captain. So probably someone's quick photoshop job?

Edit: I agree, the captain box was really really good. Also explains why it dropped off the store as they repackaged it for this release. No clue if they intend to bring it back but since it is a marine, no one really cares since you can just ebay the deathwatch sprue if you don't use it.

I sincerely hope the box doesn't run out by the time I get the cash to buy it. DW makes a perfect replacement for sternguard and gives me a good allied force to use.

• Like 2

watch team crull is unique veteran squad and captain has hatred
Watch team galateal is unique vanguard vet squad and captain has precision strike
Venerable dread nihilus is unique and has 6+ invul and 5+ invul vs witch fire powers.
The detschment combines both Squads if you want and Artemis and everyone can have hatred, reroll wounds and pen results of 1, precision strike, fnp, reroll charge and ignore disorder charge from heroic intervention and Artemis's fearless.

• Like 2

Greetings Guardsmen,

This week, we examine one of the most perverse and bizarre sub-sects of Eldar culture you are likely to encounter upon the field of battle.

The so-called “Harlequins” of the the Eldar are not warriors in any true sense of the word. It has been well documented that, due to to crippling  casualties inflicted upon them by the glorious armies of the Imperium, it has become common practice amongst the Eldar to deploy untrained and unprepared civilians into battlefield roles.

The Harlequins are the most extreme example of this: clowns, jugglers and circus performers conscripted to fight on the front line. They are the fools of Eldar society, worshippers of a god* that even their deplorable kin would not stoop so low as to court.

In battle, they prance forwards in a riot of colour, as if cheap conjuring tricks, puffs of glitter and poorly choreographed acrobatics could ever prove a match for the disciplined fire and faith of the Emperor’s armies.

uniform.jpg?w=1500&h=1101

Don’t be dissuaded by their foolish displays and ludicrous garb, the Harlequins are just as deserving of death as any xenos you may face in service to the Emperor. More so, even, for their brazen arrogance. For all their garish appearance, these are spiteful creatures and would as happily stab a man soon as look at him, given the chance – preferably in the back since a head-on confrontation with a Guardsman would end in the Eldar’s grisly demise.

Harlequins have been known to employ heretical holo-field technology, comparable to that of some Eldar tanks. This cowardly attempt at stealth can make it difficult to ascertain their exact location and target them. Know that while your eyes can be deceived, your faith cannot! When firing at Harlequins, you should aim with your eyes closed and a prayer to the Emperor on your lips, and allow faith to guide your shots true**.

As with all Eldar civilians, a single warrior is no match for a trained Guardsman. But do not let pity stay your hand: kill them, as you would any enemy of mankind.

We trust you have found this informative.

Thought for the Day:
‘The Eldar’s time is over. Would that they had the good grace to accept their oblivion with dignity.’

*Cegorach, a minor Eldar “god”*** of cowardice and offensive fashion.

**Any Guardsman found missing at this point will be reported to their Regimental Commissar for a lack of faith.

***Eldar gods are, of course, not actual gods – the Emperor is the only true deity in the galaxy.

• Like 4