Scotty's quest for OFCC 2017

Having a hobby supportive Lady is truly a wonderful thing.

When me and mine first moved in together I had a rough night at work. Long day, crappy weather, lousy people and worse luck. Came home in a poopy mood. She told me to put some PJ's on, while I did that she cracked a beer a put it on my hobby desk. Informed me I'd be painting for 30 while dinner warmed up.

Good luck and keep up on your backrub duties!

• Like 2

That PDF is specifically for their army list, not for the gun wagons in general. And it's an update for 6th ed, not 7th, so grain of salt and all.

IA:Volume 8 says gun wagons are a heavy support option for codex Orks, nothing here overrides that.

• 2 weeks later...

I learned a new technique for plastic welding that gives some great results.  

Very curious about the plastic welding. Was under the impression that you couldn't get plastic hot enough for it to qualify as welding. I'd love to be wrong here, and learn a new welding option. 

• 2 weeks later...

Started on the side track sponsons.  They are keyed to mate up the hull, so the hull mass actually rests on them.  In the future I'd use thicker sheet stock, more like 2mm.  The leading wheels on each side are set back about 5mm to allow for clearance of the track links. I may scrap this method and go more modular, allowing the gunwagon to be overbuilt into a battlewagon.  Actually as I think about it I think that's what I'll do anyway.

See, you're already helping!  Thanks for the idea!

gunwagon09.JPG

• Like 3

The work involves a lot of trial and error, actually.  I'm a terrible builder, I don't sketch or do any preliminary mockups.  I generally chug on until it's crap, then junk it and start over.  And stare. I stare at my builds a lot. 

That's pretty much how I roll, too. Hack bits into roughly the right shape, smush it together with too much plastic cement, leave it sitting there for a while because I'm afraid I can't get the next stage right. Repeat a few times, cover up the most glaring issues with putty or extra armour plates, and eventually, more or less arbitrarily, call it good at some point ;)