Tuesday 11/27 - Ordo Game Night at WOW

ROGRE

Time: 5 PM to 9 PM (we sometimes open or stay later)

Location: 717 SE Main St. Portland OR 97214 (map) - Around the corner from Kokiyo Teriyaki and up the stairs

Cost: $5 for Ordo Members, $2 for Ordo Warlord Champions, FREE for Emperors!  And as always, your first Game Night is FREE! 

Games we play: All, with a focus on 40K, board games, Blood Bowl, Kill Team and more. There is sometimes talk of playing The 7th Continent. New players are always welcome. Although it is possible to find a pickup game at Game Night, it is much better to prearrange a game before coming down.  Feel welcome to stop in and check it out.

19 hours ago, Inquisitor66 said:

Anyone up for a game of 40k or Kill Team?

I’m planning on being there and Kill Team sounds fun.

Although if anyone is interested, I’d also be up for some Gaslands. I’ve got the rule book, templates, and a dozen cars... Everything but the custom dice (they’re in the mail), although the game can be played with regular D6s without too much fuss (and I have plenty of those).

• Like 2

Hi I just moved to Portland a few months ago and recently just got back into 40k. Still newish to the game and was wondering if i am allowed to come check it out and play a game to see if I like it? I go to guardian games once a week but other than that i never see any players there. Is there anything else I should know or advice . I live in NW district if you think there are other places to check to play. Thanks-

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fruitbat619 said:

Hi I just moved to Portland a few months ago and recently just got back into 40k. Still newish to the game and was wondering if i am allowed to come check it out and play a game to see if I like it? I go to guardian games once a week but other than that i never see any players there. Is there anything else I should know or advice . I live in NW district if you think there are other places to check to play. Thanks-

Hi @Fruitbat619! Welcome to Ordo! There is usually some 40K action at the clubhouse on Tuesdays (you're in the right thread), but the end of the year slows things down a bit. Your best be would be @Ish, @Inquisitor66 or @Dark Trainer if they will be around. Good luck, and glad to have you. 

2 hours ago, Fruitbat619 said:

November and December are generally "slow" periods for wargamingg, roleplaying, and other hobby type stuff. Everybody's busy with family, holidays, end-of-year work stuff... and so on and so forth. Things should go back to normal after the New Year.

As for places to play, Guardian Games is pretty much the epicenter of all forms of hobby gaming in Portland. There's a standing WH40k League Night on Wednesdays at 6:00 PM, you'll usually see a dozen or more players every week. You can usually get a pick up game, but since its an active league, you might have to wait a while... Especially if there's a tournament coming up as everyone is trying to get in some practice games. There's also usually a handful of guys playing WH40k on most Saturdays, but its not a given. 

Red Castle Games has a standing Saturday and Sunday WH40k Escalation League, starting at a low point value and moving up every couple of weeks, a great way to get into the hobby on a more serious level. It's all the way down in SE Portland, so if you're one of Portland's many car-free residents (like me) then getting there can be a real pain in the proverbial dice bag. 

The Portland Game Store doesn't have any organized WH40k right now (seems to be more of a WarmaHordes crowd). But it's a very nice store and you can probably get someone to meet you there for a game without too much fuss.

Game nights at the Ordo clubhouse are also an option. We don't have any leagues or campaigns going on right now, but you can always drop a note here on the forum (or on the Facebook group), you'll usually get a bite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fruitbat619 said:

Depending on how far west you are, you might look at Rune & Board in Hillsboro. It's a bit out there, but it's quite a nice little shop - and right on the MAX, too. Tuesdays appear to be 40k nights. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fruitbat619 said:

Thanks Ill just wait a little then, and hit guardian for a bit until people get back to playing.

Early year leagues are common at Ordo Game Night, keep a look out. The clubhouse is a cool environment for gaming as it doesn’t have the many distractions that can exist at other venues.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 4:27 PM, Fruitbat619 said:

Welcome to Ordo!

I can usually be available for a 40k game on Tuesday's at the club. If you want to get a game of 40k in, let me know in advance and i'll make sure to bring my army. The first game night is free to experience the club. After that you can become a champion or just pay $5 per game night. 

That said, Guardian Games has a Wednesday league they run. Also arranging games before heading out is always a good idea. Using our boards to arrange club games or even local game store games is a great tool to get games in. 

Let me know if you're interested :biggrin:

On 11/25/2018 at 12:07 PM, Ish said:

I’m planning on being there and Kill Team sounds fun.

Although if anyone is interested, I’d also be up for some Gaslands. I’ve got the rule book, templates, and a dozen cars... Everything but the custom dice (they’re in the mail), although the game can be played with regular D6s without too much fuss (and I have plenty of those).

I'll be there with my kill team force

24 minutes ago, wzzzzrd said:

Not sure if anyone saw anything, but while throwing dice tonight someone broke into my car on 8th and salmon and snagged my dnd backpack.  If you are leaving and see a bunch of dnd books or folders scattered around please let me know.

Sorry to hear that, man; that's horrible.  I didn't notice anything on the streets when I left at 9pm. What edition books were they?