Black Sheep Brawl 2014!

I am disappointed to see the use of a comp system.  At the very least, we should know the comp threshold.  From the document  "Comp Threshold: To have a legal army your comp score must be above a certain predetermined value."  This is one of the problems with this system, it doesn't beat power gaming, just introduces a different kind.  My list came to a 9.9 as calculated initially.  Does this mean I can make it harder?  (theoretical disposition, my list is already set)

Yes, you could make it harder.  The somp system works extremely well and is a good calculator to see how tough your army is before rolling any dice.

I may not have made my point clear enough.  It's irrelevant as they are using this system to gauge the overall power level of the event and to have any outliers redo (as I understand it), not used for adding points to overall score as they do in EU/AU/NZ

• Like 1

Iraf, 

I cannot send you PMs for some reason, so here is my list.

Highborn on a Forest Dragon. 

Charmed Shield, Stone of the Crystal Mere, Sword of Might, Helm of the Hunt, Annoyance of Netlings, Light Armor

*5 Strength 5 attacks, 5 Strength 6 attacks, AS 4+, ignore first hit, 3+ limited Ward Save

Spell Singer

L2, Divination Orb, Iron Curse Icon

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

12 Glade Guard + Musician

10 Glade Guard + Musician

5 Wild Riders + Musician, 

8 Treekin

Treeman

Great Eagle

My list is a 19.4…..? Weird

I think there's a few reasons: Dragons relatively aren't many points in the system because they're inconsistent (i.e., cannons!), you didn't take a level 4, many WE units are more expensive than they'd probably be in an updated 8th ed book, and WE in general probably aren't that highly rated in their system overall.

Thanks guys!

It looks I will be playing a super soft list according to the Swedish Comp.

This system is based around min/max builds and does not take into account player skill.  You know your army well and use the strengths/weaknesses very well.  Don't worry, my all mounted list is only rated at about a 14.  Alot of the points depend on certain units being maxed or doubled up and the use of certain spell choices.

Out of curiosity I rated my DE list, and it came out 23.6.  Does that mean you guys would suggest making it tougher, to be able compete with the lists that will be there?

Also, again out of curiosity (as someone who used to organize tournaments and put a lot of thought into such scoring systems), why do you not incorporate the comp score into the tournament scoring?  Not that I think you should, necessarily, but it seems you guys have put a nice tournament together and I'm curious about your reasoning.

Thanks,
Nathan

By the way those of you using the swedish comp pdf, I believe (Iraf correct me if I'm wrong please) that you must subtract ALL the penalties for a given line:

e.g. if I have a Master on a Manticore with a Black Dragon Egg, his penalty (assuming he's my only flying character) is -14 total just for the egg 

"Black Dragon Egg -2 (-4 if mounted)(-8 if mounted on flying mount)"

Since you add them all up, it's not -8, it's -14.  Right?