Black Sheep Brawl 2014!

By the way those of you using the swedish comp pdf, I believe (Iraf correct me if I'm wrong please) that you must subtract ALL the penalties for a given line:

e.g. if I have a Master on a Manticore with a Black Dragon Egg, his penalty (assuming he's my only flying character) is -14 total just for the egg 

"Black Dragon Egg -2 (-4 if mounted)(-8 if mounted on flying mount)"

Since you add them all up, it's not -8, it's -14.  Right?

From the Calculating Rules on Page 5:

Whenever a composition point is followed by brackets with another composition score inside, use the value in the brackets instead of the value

outside the brackets if the conditions are met. In some cases the composition score in the brackets are listed as "additional...", in these cases,

you should add this to the composition score outside the brackets. If a composition score is not inside brackets, it is always in addition to other

applicable composition scores. If there are several brackets, use all applicable brackets.

So it would be -12 for the item that you described.  **edited due to fact I just read the Dark Elves section and there are 2 applicable sections in brackets)**

Out of curiosity I rated my DE list, and it came out 23.6.  Does that mean you guys would suggest making it tougher, to be able compete with the lists that will be there?

Also, again out of curiosity (as someone who used to organize tournaments and put a lot of thought into such scoring systems), why do you not incorporate the comp score into the tournament scoring?  Not that I think you should, necessarily, but it seems you guys have put a nice tournament together and I'm curious about your reasoning.

Thanks,

Nathan

Two Things here.  First, I don't see how you got a 23.6.  That would be extremely unlikely, but I'm not saying it's impossible.  I'd like you to message me your list.  Not link it here please. Second, we are not the biggest fans of comp scoring. Using the Comp for army composition was mainly a way to keep lists from being over the top in regards to Death star list, all Shooting lists and broken synergy lists.  Basically lists that aren't "fun" to play against.  That is one thing that the Comp scoring system is very good at. 

Hope that answers your questions :smile:

Oh okay, that's helpful… thanks!

And haha, I didn't go past page 1 for the Dark Elves… so umm, oops!

My score is actually 114, or 11.4, which makes a lot more sense!  I'll send you my list if you're curious to verify it.

Still the question was supposed to be theoretical, since I'm not able to attend the tourney anyway: do you recommend armies with scores over 20 try to get tougher?  I just don't understand the "upper bound" thing?

Meh I think this is going to lock me in as a no go. I was kind of up in the air about being able to attend anyway. I was looking at bringing the same list I brought last year (I think) but changing it around in order to fit Skarsnik. The list is almost all core. I cant imagine 3 blocks of 50 NG with 1 boss and 1 shaman in each unit 2 fanatics and nets supported by 2 five man wolf units and 4 goblin war machines coomming close to comparing with half of the OFCC armies I ran into and those were supposed to be friendly. I might change my mind if the dwarf book drops in time to make it into the event.

Meh I think this is going to lock me in as a no go. I was kind of up in the air about being able to attend anyway. I was looking at bringing the same list I brought last year (I think) but changing it around in order to fit Skarsnik. The list is almost all core. I cant imagine 3 blocks of 50 NG with 1 boss and 1 shaman in each unit 2 fanatics and nets supported by 2 five man wolf units and 4 goblin war machines coomming close to comparing with half of the OFCC armies I ran into and those were supposed to be friendly. I might change my mind if the dwarf book drops in time to make it into the event.

We used the same comp score last year.