No more White Dwarf?

busbina

So the real question is, how much are the new 'versions' going to cost? My guess is the weekly ones will be $2.99 and the monthly one will be $5.99. Gw adding 'value' and money in the same swath. 

I cannot find the post, but there is a planned cost increase for the monthly mag and the weekly was $5 I think.

I stopped reading White Dwarf forever ago.  Hell, even when I got it for free I didn't read it that much.  I feel it's pretty much just a big advertisement, which it should be.  However, it's not like you get tons of in-depth strategy articles, and while the pretty pictures of minis and what not are nice, I hardly feel a need to buy them.

White Dwarf is the thing that sells the least of all GW sales, although I really liked their subscription tokens thing.  That was awesome.

I had a white dwarf subscription back when you got minis for subscribing.  One year at $50 got you a $12.50 box, and a two year at $100 got you a $25 box (which was 10 plastic dudesmen).  

Heck I remember if you subscribed at the right time you would get %100 of the subscription in boxes... Then they quit doing that and oddly I quit subscribing. I do always like the pics. But it has been good/bad/inbetween in the long run it has had. I used to pick it up when it was a general gaming magazine. Really it was never all that good after they quit running Thrud the Barbarian. :)