Which of these sounds sound most like a Lasrifle

illbillya

Lasrifle Shot  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which sound sounds most like a lasrifle shot

• Laser shot 1
    • Laser shot 3
    • laser shot 8

Just occurred to me that a laser gun isn't legally a firearm, at least, not in oregon. Going to be quite the mess changing the laws on what qualifies as a gun if these things ever start catching on (you know, for duck hunting...).

-Pax

No sound at all is awesome for combat but bad for videos. So if you were watching a video which would you pick?

Ah, forgot who was asking the question. For a video, hmmm. I've heard lasers described as having a sound from the vacuum they create after their beam fires. I imagine it would sound like a sharp intake of air. I don't really think this is how lasers function, but for a sound effect, it should do the trick. Get an air hose and record the sound of the air shooting out - the more PSI, the better.

As for the sounds, I'm too paranoid to download the linked MP3s to know what they sound like.

-Pax

You gave me a laser cutting torch. I ain't seen no laser weapons posted here yet.

To be fair, what makes it a weapon is intention. I'm sure you could make the laser cutting torch a weapon in the right circumstances.

-Pax

I always thought the whip crack, abnett described, was more the mechanism that converted the power from the pack to a beam to shoot. The tech itself made no noise the imperium added the noise to make the grunt feel better and give him something to count. The whip crack being reminiscent of actual fire arms.

Read the section I linked at Project Rho. They go a bit into the physics of the matter, and conclude that if you're using a laser that's going to do a significant amount of damage in a quick enough time to use as a gun rather than as a cutting beam, the results at the other end are going to be explosive, to at least some extent.