Knights

pretre

Ewwww ;)

Started a scratch build Ork counts-as Knight Titan when the rumors had the height at eight inches and it looked like they could ally into Orks...

Guess it'll have to be a Warlord Knight and I'll have to build 3 more!

When has actual height or legality been any reason NOT to scratch build Ork versions? :tongue:

• Like 2

I did the thing I'm not supposed to do, I bought some orks recently. I'm not supposed to buy orks because I start compulsively converting everything into ork stuff...

Guy above looks good, though I like my parrot cage transport idea better.

-Pax

Having now actually read through the Knights Codex, there's one more thing that really bugs me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember anything in any of the older fluff for them about the psycho-conditioning that makes them far more loyal than even Space Marines. I know for certain that in 3rd ed Epic, Slaaneshi Hell-Knights made it into the core rulebook, while Imperial Knights didn't.

So why did GW do extra work to screw themselves out of more sales by writing a bunch of new fluff about how incorruptible the Knights are, and how ridiculously rare Traitor Knights are, rather than just making them AoC with CSM and doing an Online-Only bundle where they charge an extra $25 to sell us a couple of Spiky Sprues along with a Knight?

• Like 1

So why did GW do extra work to screw themselves out of more sales by writing a bunch of new fluff about how incorruptible the Knights are, and how ridiculously rare Traitor Knights are, rather than just making them AoC with CSM and doing an Online-Only bundle where they charge an extra $25 to sell us a couple of Spiky Sprues along with a Knight?

Think I covered this. If you look at the ally options for the knights, it's the same armies that lack escalation units that are both good and not broken. Bascially, GW wants their other SH kits to sell.

Look at AP's posted ally chart. The only real armies unable to ally with the knight titans are the Orks (stompa), the necrons (that floater/c'tan kit) and chaos (lord of skulls). Tyranids can't either, but GW likes to see how many dicks they get those bug players to suck...it's a pretty high number.

The baneblade is older and still sells really well, so I don't think the they are worried about that kit.

-Pax

Remember, tho, you can take Knights as well as a LoW. Why would they want to just sell Chaos Players a Lord of Skulls when they could sell them a Lord of Skulls AND three Knights?

It's probably that they haven't sold enough LoS models yet. the LoS is also khorne specific, so odds are high that the other players will probably not purchase a LoS if they don't have to.

It could also be that they intend to release a "corrupted Knight" codex or something like that.

There are some possibilities for Counts-as for Nurgle, but the way the thing functions on the table is all wrong for Slaanesh, way too slow. Even as Nurgle it doesn't really feel right. Maybe it's just that I'm enough of a fluff bunny that using Rules for one God for a Model dedicated to another feels just plain wrong.

I've also always been annoyed by their favoritism toward Khorne in the modeling department. Seems to be far and away the favorite Chaos god over there, and he's my least favorite of the lot.

• Like 1

Isn't Agile the same on both the Revenant and the Warhound? I just pulled it from the Rev because that's the one I actually have the Rules for on hand.

And as much as anything, it's just a fluff thing. GW has established that Slaanesh's thing is being faster than Units belonging to the other Gods, whether in terms of movement speed, Init, or both.