Knights

pretre

Since it has the asthetics of dread knights and the FW titans and the old armorcast stuff it seems very legit to me.  Could still be fake of course.

My issue with it is not the release of these but the fact that its not part of a greater adeptus mechanicus release as it should be.  Since dataslates continue to be all but banned from tourney play that just seems to doom this thing until people loosen up.

Dataslates are banned at tournies?  interesting.  Hadn't come up much.  Escalation and Stronghold, lotsof talk on those but the Dataslates are another thing altogether and its just hard to keep up!

They were not allowed at TSHFT and LVO and won't be allowed at Adepticon championships.

I think the main issue people have is there's no 0-1 restriction on formations (so 2-4 Tau Firebases is the thing that people harp on) and mixing 3+ factions into one list.  Nix those and I don't think there'd be much issue with the dataslates.  That is OT though.

Are those going to be available for the IG?..or are they for a separate way to play 40k.

Sorry for my n00bish question but ive only been following 40k for a few years and ive never heard about "Knight" type super heavys.

Knights are from epic/adepticus titanicus, which were smaller scale 40k games. The model above used to exist as a plastic kit about the size of a SM dreadnought, maybe smaller. My understanding is that this one is for IG use. I've also heard rumors that IG will be renamed for a more copyright-able name.

Basically, it's a small titan. If you look at the profile, that's 6 hull points. Most armies should be able to take one down turn 1 without special additions to their force. The 4++ is nice, but given the abundance of 4++ from the skyshield, DA PFG, or Divination, it's not overly broken or impressive. In stats, it's got AV 13 in the front, making it mean in assault, but not amazing against shooting. If anything, the Initiative 4 is it's most impressive stat, as that means it would strike before the stompa, revenant, or lord of skulls.

-Pax

PS: Love the look.