Knights

pretre

Just occurred to me, do the knights grant VP per 3 HP lost as the other super-heavies do? Also, are they scoring?

The bonus VP are part of the Escalation rules, not the superheavy rules. As far as we know (which, admittedly, is not everything yet), Knights do not give away extra VPs for being damaged/destroyed.

If they do, they are virtually worthless at the costs we've seen so far.

The bonus VP are part of the Escalation rules, not the superheavy rules. As far as we know (which, admittedly, is not everything yet), Knights do not give away extra VPs for being damaged/destroyed.

If they do, they are virtually worthless at the costs we've seen so far.

Not worthless, they have the appeal of the 5th ed paladin armies. Players that want to field as few models as possible will enjoy them greatly.

-Pax

Insaneo army idea:

Knights as Primary

Lord of War Super Heavy

Tau Riptide Formation

Never have any gaming friends...

No scoring? Seems like we're back to the 5th ed. BA death company lists with no scoring models at all, gaming for wipes only. Feasible, but a very glass hammer approach to the game.

I will note that LoWs must come from the primary, so it really depends if the knights count as IG or SM for LoW selection, as there are no imperium specific LoWs without FW inclusion. Sisters don't get them either....

-Pax

I may have been overzealous about the Leviathan size issue. I thought the big guys were 12". They are actually 8.5". Since the real Knights will be about 6.5", and the 15mm Leviathan is 4.5", it's about the same difference. You have to pick too big or too small (although a tall base can make up for too small.) 

The GW Knights look way better to my eyes, but the Dreamforge Leviathans are all on sale until the end of the week. Hmmm...

• Like 1

I may have been overzealous about the Leviathan size issue. I thought the big guys were 12". They are actually 8.5". Since the real Knights will be about 6.5", and the 15mm Leviathan is 4.5", it's about the same difference. You have to pick too big or too small (although a tall base can make up for too small.) 

The GW Knights look way better to my eyes, but the Dreamforge Leviathans are all on sale until the end of the week. Hmmm...

Yeah, GW making them right in the middle was either great skill or great luck. :)

As much as anything, I think it's just that the paint scheme on that one is so close to the Cygnar colour Scheme. I find the others far less like Warjacks, just because of the paint job.

You mean the Cygnar color scheme is so close to that one, right? :)

Necrontyr's picture is super old and of the epic models.

edit: Way to start a trend, intrizic. :)

• Like 1

The posability of the dreamforge ones are amazing, metal screws for the major joints means great tension allowing you to keep playing with the pose for a bit before gluing it down. I'm interested in how posable the gw ones are...