Knights

pretre

The upside of the 6" size is that certain other conversions can be fielded, such as ones from MAcFarlane Spawn toys. Ordo won't let me paste a link or image right now, but you can google "Techno Spawn / Code Red" for one example. These will be better for chaos allies but I'm sure there are some gundam type things out there too.

I found some interesting results searching for "1/12 robot" to get some 6"-7" specimens. Forbidden Planet robot, anyone?

Yeah Jaegers are nice, but $30 + shipping is a bit more than I want to pay. I still can't paste in the comment box, and the link / img tools won't work for me (they get stuck and I have to reload the page). Anyways I found a NECA terminator 2 toy for $20 on ebay, it stands 7 inches tall. It would be menacing with the right pose and some weapons.

So you are telling me you don't want to be able to shoot my big fancy toys? Good thing you aren't my target audience for gaming. I use the 15mm for dread knights these knight things have got to be bigger and i'm not gonna fork out for GW I don't like their atheistic from the pictures...28mm leviathans for the win! Besides if I'm even getting a game in with them it will be with prior conversations, I'd never just roll up to a game and expect my oppenent to be ready for any kind of super heavy.

• Like 1

So you are telling me you don't want to be able to shoot my big fancy toys? Good thing you aren't my target audience for gaming. I use the 15mm for dread knights these knight things have got to be bigger and i'm not gonna fork out for GW I don't like their atheistic from the pictures...28mm leviathans for the win! Besides if I'm even getting a game in with them it will be with prior conversations, I'd never just roll up to a game and expect my oppenent to be ready for any kind of super heavy.

I've had no issues losing with the IG super heavy tank kit. Doesn't seem to matter if they've got Stronghold assault or escalation, the tank is just not the killer that super heavies are made out to be. If my opponent would be able to cope with 3x leman russ tanks, the bane blade won't be a threat.

I have seen issues with the aquilla strongpoint against players that didn't expect AV15. A friend was pretty annoyed after the game (which he won) due to not being able to penetrate AV15 with his demolishers (which was his solution to AV14). Makes LR Vanquisher and Bastion Breaching Medusa tanks more practical (which I think is good, as those tanks need some love).

I've also seen players that don't understand the rules, greatly misrepresent how the SA or escalation rules function. In example, the opponent from the above game was granting cover saves against his D weapon (probably related to his loss). On the other hand, in a game with me, he argued that the D cannon on the aquilla wasn't an emplaced weapon, so couldn't be removed without destroying the entire base. Both of these are wrong. It also seems to be common knowledge to discard glances on fortifications, which is wrong, as glances auto-wound models on/inside them - not amazing, but killing off the models inside means that the base is capture-able and that the main gun can only auto fire with it's BS2 default (which improves odds of D weapon misses).

-Pax

In theory I am fairly strict with what I expect from other people's modeling in terms of WYSIWYG and scale. In practice I try to be a good sportsman and be lenient so my opponent has fun. I'd rather play against a converted force with a few wonky base sizes and wargear than one that is completely stock and legit.

I DO want you to be able to play with the models you like but am just warning you there may be some flak for it. Since you are only doing pre arranged matches with them you can check to see if people care or not. I just don't want to see a trend of giant stand in models or people at tournaments losing their minds.

In theory I am fairly strict with what I expect from other people's modeling in terms of WYSIWYG and scale. In practice I try to be a good sportsman and be lenient so my opponent has fun. I'd rather play against a converted force with a few wonky base sizes and wargear than one that is completely stock and legit.

I DO want you to be able to play with the models you like but am just warning you there may be some flak for it. Since you are only doing pre arranged matches with them you can check to see if people care or not. I just don't want to see a trend of giant stand in models or people at tournaments losing their minds.

You may be making much out of nothing here.  Players tend to contact TOs to clear any questionable models.  And if there is a trend so what, a trend speaks to the majority of the community and if you get into that position take it to your TO, that's what they are there for, but trolling a guy looking forward to using some really great models, in what will  probably be local games, is a really poor way to stop ghost 'trends'.  Or you could just come out and say 'I don't want to play you with your big toys'.

• Like 2

... but trolling a guy looking forward to using some really great models, in what will  probably be local games, is a really poor way to stop ghost 'trends'.  Or you could just come out and say 'I don't want to play you with your big toys'.

Has the threshold for what is considered trolling really gone that low? Seems like they both pleasantly enough said their piece...

Has the threshold for what is considered trolling really gone that low? Seems like they both pleasantly enough said their piece...

trolling, hassling, giving flack, pick your term, what was the point of the comment other to say, your model isn't the right size to a guy that's happy to bring out his cool model?  I guess I fail to see the constructive value, especially after all the considerations have been established several posts ago.  Once, fair game to commentary, twice...

Maybe trolling was a poor choice of words, I do that as well :D

• Like 1

It's funny because that Tyranid will die instantaneously to the Knight's attacks and the codex has virtually no ways at all to actually hurt it!

Maybe...you could probably get it to work, but the bugs would need to tailor.

-Pax

Not a bug player, but here's my shot at anti-knight tyranids

1750pts

HQ Flyrant (warlord, rending claws) 205pts

HQ Flyrant (rending claws) 205pts

Troops Stealers (5) 70pts

Troops Stealers (5) 70pts

FA Hive Crone 155pts

FA Hive Crone 155pts

FA Hive Crone 155pts

LoW: Harridan 735pts

Total: 1750pts even

Logic is pretty straight forward. Knights can't hit air much, so, give them 6 flyers to worry about. Tryants lack range, but provide synapse and could assault if needed given that they have higher initiative than the knights). Crones have haywire weapons, which are not lacking, plus their S8 vector strikes will be valuable against the knights (also note that knight ranged weapons can't ID crones). Stealers infiltrate/outflank to a nice hidey hole.

-Pax