Knights

pretre

No clue on the development time for the Knight Titan project. That said the Dreamforge stuff has been out a while, long enough that the "just in between the big and little proxy" size feels like a specific design choice by G'dub...

Here's the real question, can you see my tin-foil hat underneath this beanie?

;)

I think that tin foil hat is going to be pretty main stream. I was thinking it was odd for GW to put out a model someone else has out.

Allies: Battle Brothers: Black Templars, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, Space Marines, Space Furries

Allies of Convenience: Eldar, Grey Knights
Desperate Allies: Dark Eldar, Tau Empire
Come the Apocalypse: Chaos Demons, Chaos Space Marines, Necrons, Orks, Tyranids

Imperial Knight Primary Detachment:
3-6 Knights

Allied Imperial Knight Detachment:
1-3 Knights 
Separate detachment is neither Lords of War, nor Allies
  • Like 1

No clue on the development time for the Knight Titan project. That said the Dreamforge stuff has been out a while, long enough that the "just in between the big and little proxy" size feels like a specific design choice by G'dub...

Here's the real question, can you see my tin-foil hat underneath this beanie?

;)

But who cares?  It's a giant robot, isn't that enough?

3-6 Knights

1-3 Knights 

Welp, there goes at least one purchase. I was looking forward to spikying one of those up for a Renegade Knight House.

• Like 1

Allies: Battle Brothers: Black Templars, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, Space Marines, Space Furries

3-6 Knights

1-3 Knights 

Makes sense. Not selling Escalation to the TAU, marines, sisters or Eldar very well - they all have either non-existant or OP LoW access, none of which are present GW kits. Chaos, necrons, and orks already have a model kit to compete with sales for this guy. Just leaves bugs without a super-heavy option from GW.

-Pax

Bro G looks totally right:

"1) For non-Imperial Knight armies...you can get up to 3 as a separate detachment. This is a separate detachment from allies and lord of war...which is the new template I am guessing we will see in future codexes...sorry everyone Escalation is standard. Unless of course I looked at that box wrong..."

So Chaos, Tyranids, whatever can get up to 3 outside of allies.

• Like 1

Bro G looks totally right:

"1) For non-Imperial Knight armies...you can get up to 3 as a separate detachment. This is a separate detachment from allies and lord of war...which is the new template I am guessing we will see in future codexes...sorry everyone Escalation is standard. Unless of course I looked at that box wrong..."

So Chaos, Tyranids, whatever can get up to 3 outside of allies.

How does this "Separate Detatchment" thing work?...is it just for these Knight units?

Reason I ask is im only aware of the Allies matrix that came with 6th edition and the Codex supplements.

I told you guys size matters. :wub:

So which would you rather see, a short proxy or a tall proxy? Does it matter if we try to get a community consensus or does everyone just work it out case by case?

Go ahead and spike up that model WestRider. You could take Renegade IG as main, CSM or daemons as allies, and a Knight in a detachment. Also, it would look badass.

• Like 1

I'm sure you will see less complaints about taller or same height than smaller.

All about advantage. I don't mind double edged swords, but uses where advantages clearly outweigh disadvantages is an issue.

In example, infantry models which are modeled kneeling aren't a huge issue as they may get cover better that way, but TLOS is also using the kneeling model for their effects (like needing TLOS for a charge, for shooting, and so forth). That's a double edged sword.

On the other hand, the old battlewagon issue where they use a much larger battlewagon to increase the range of the KFF or to dramatically increase their front arc is an issue, especially with no major disadvantages to such a model (except that reserves issue they created...).

-Pax

I'm 99% sure the supposed "Knight detachment" will work mostly like the current Inquisitorial Detachments, in that it still acts according to their ally matrix but occupies it's own force org slot rather than eating your ally slot.

The rumor mill (which is quite good from my source) says that the Knight Codex that comes out Saturday over rules the White Dwarf rules and Knights can only be taken by Imperials....

The rumor mill (which is quite good from my source) says that the Knight Codex that comes out Saturday over rules the White Dwarf rules and Knights can only be taken by Imperials....

Codex is on the GW pre-orders section of their site:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440160a&prodId=prod2380163a

Usually, if there, it will be for sale within a week or two. Pretty sure it's been there a week already, so saturday seems realistic.

-Pax