Just the Dickel - OFCC 40K Team Event Thread

lictors are so iconic for me and genestealer-hidey-pop-out-eat-your-face action.

they are utterly and terribly useless once they are on the table.

they do help with target saturation and the possibility of using their Pheromone Trail Stratagem to bring in my small squad of stealers to give them a better path to assault.

the ability to split fire anything and everything turns target saturation into a different chore entirely.

maybe i drop the lictors and just add a trygon in the form of my Catachan driven power loader?!?!

image.jpeg

• Like 2

HELLO LADIES AND GENTS!

Update on my T-Pain T-Sons.  I've had to forgo the hellbrute in my list due to it being on the do not manufacture list from GW and are now unobtainium unless you get it in the start collecting set. So in its place is going to be a bare bones Forgefiend. My list is going to be something like this:

HQ - Ahriman on disk

HQ - Sorcerer in Terminator armor

Troups - 3 Rubric marine squads. 2 10 man in rhinos 1 5 man skipping across the battle field.

Elites - 5 man Scarab Occult Termies

Elites - Tzangoor Shaman

Fast Attack - 6 man Tzangor Enlightened with the greatest of all bows.

Heavy Support - Forge Fiend

Heavy Support - Land Raider

I just finished building all the models over the weekend and need to get to painting ASAP.  If anyone is looking for a game hit me up because i'd like to get at least a few runs with my army before OFCC hits.  Prepared to get smite tickled everyone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MOONEY said:

HELLO LADIES AND GENTS!

I just finished building all the models over the weekend and need to get to painting ASAP.  If anyone is looking for a game hit me up because i'd like to get at least a few runs with my army before OFCC hits.  Prepared to get smite tickled everyone.

Sounds fun, I can't get a game this Tues, but would love to swing a game with you. Are you able to make it next Tues 7/10/18?

• Like 1

I am happy to report that Team Just the Dickel is completely paid up! Yey, our challenges are actually legit now (totally missed that we needed to be fully paid to do the challenges).

I have progress pics for genestealers i'll be posting tomorrow. maybe i'll wait for tuesday after I get in a game against @MOONEYs 1K Sons.

OFCC here we come!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Army painter primers are designed for washes so painting over them in large flat spaces can be a challenge with a brush. Sprays would work better and it also depends on paint you use. Army painter also has 100% color match for many of their sprays I'd recommend picking up a dropper for touch ups super handy to have. 

• Like 3

So considering changing my list to soften a little. Not sold yet, but so far seems tough

Original list (basically small horde of 76 models and getting back up alot):

• Cryptek
  • Overlord
  • Destroyer Lord
  • 10 Immortals
  • 20 Warriors
  • 20 Warriors
  • 6 Destroyers
  • 6 Wraiths
  • 6 Wraiths
  • 5 Scarabs

Alternative list #1 (more anti vehicle, but only 69 models, lost a detachment and a command point. Still hordy but less effective CC without rerolls):

• Cryptek
  • Destroyer Lord
  • 9 Immortals
  • 19 Warriors
  • 20 Warriors
  • 6 Destroyers
  • 6 Wraiths
  • 6 Wraiths
  • 1 Doomsday Ark

Alternative list #2, softest of the 3 because easier to kill a squad of warriors (60 models with big 20 wound monolith, lost a detachment and a command point as above, no CC re-rolls, easy pickings for anti vehicle list):

• Cryptek
  • Destroyer Lord
  • 9 Immortals
  • 15 Warriors
  • 15 Warriors
  • 6 Destroyers
  • 6 Wraiths
  • 6 Wraiths
  • 1 Monolith
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark Trainer said:

So considering changing my list to soften a little. Not sold yet, but so far seems tough

Original list (basically small horde of 76 models and getting back up alot):

• Cryptek
  • Overlord
  • Destroyer Lord
  • 10 Immortals
  • 20 Warriors
  • 20 Warriors
  • 6 Destroyers
  • 6 Wraiths
  • 6 Wraiths
  • 5 Scarabs

I mean, isn't that basically what Necrons do? Get back up alot?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

I mean, isn't that basically what Necrons do? Get back up alot?

Yes, but the gotcha here is dropping the squads (20 warriors can be tricky in 1 round). For 2 command points I can re-roll a large swath of them. By the end of a game I've usually reanimated at least 20+ dudes. That makes it as if you fought nearly 100+ guys (hence the horde like feeling), with way better saves and guns than Orks.

I was reading something 8th and Horde armies being strong because wounds don't carry over from heavy guns. For example a 6 wound lascannon still drops 1 necron warrior (not that I made it like this on purpose, just thought slogging was fluffy). That said, i'm not very mobile and we figure objective securing on far table sides might be a chore/weakness. I wonder if a mobile army could just keep me out of range. The other thing we're thinking is i'd be weaker against tank heavy or knights type lists. I just want to make sure the matchups set us up well is all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dark Trainer said:

Yes, but the gotcha here is dropping the squads (20 warriors can be tricky in 1 round). For 2 command points I can re-roll a large swath of them. By the end of a game I've usually reanimated at least 20+ dudes. That makes it as if you fought nearly 100+ guys (hence the horde like feeling), with way better saves and guns than Orks.

I was reading something 8th and Horde armies being strong because wounds don't carry over from heavy guns. For example a 6 wound lascannon still drops 1 necron warrior (not that I made it like this on purpose, just thought slogging was fluffy). That said, i'm not very mobile and we figure objective securing on far table sides might be a chore/weakness. I wonder if a mobile army could just keep me out of range. The other thing we're thinking is i'd be weaker against tank heavy or knights type lists. I just want to make sure the matchups set us up well is all.

Ok so...

20 warriors really isn't that hard to kill? I think there was an entire thread here about how easy it actually was to do. Kill 15 dudes, watch the rest melt. And even the most causal of list shouldn't have a problem killing 15x2 T4, 3+, 1 wound models.

Also since reanimation protocols ( is it still called that?) only triggers if the unit survived and units that died to moral don't come back ,it really not as amazing as I think it should be when I think of a reanimating tide of zombie robots.

Yes, horde is very good. But its only really a horde if you started with the models on the table, relying on a trick to bring models back when it has a inbuilt weakness, doesn't make a horde.

Yes I think a knight list would be very tricky to kill. You just don't have enough antitank in the list.

All that being said, your first list is super awesome, easy to play, good against not tanks. I also think it would just look awesome and be fun to play against. Isn't that what Ordo should be about?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

Ok so...

20 warriors really isn't that hard to kill? I think there was an entire thread here about how easy it actually was to do. Kill 15 dudes, watch the rest melt. And even the most causal of list shouldn't have a problem killing 15x2 T4, 3+, 1 wound models.

Also since reanimation protocols ( is it still called that?) only triggers if the unit survived and units that died to moral don't come back ,it really not as amazing as I think it should be when I think of a reanimating tide of zombie robots.

Yes, horde is very good. But its only really a horde if you started with the models on the table, relying on a trick to bring models back when it has a inbuilt weakness, doesn't make a horde.

Yes I think a knight list would be very tricky to kill. You just don't have enough antitank in the list.

All that being said, your first list is super awesome, easy to play, good against not tanks. I also think it would just look awesome and be fun to play against. Isn't that what Ordo should be about?

Played against necrons once this edition. Opponent said that reanimation protocols is based on the total models in the squad originally, not the total slain in a given phase or turn. So killing those 20 guys can be tricky because you really do have to slay them all in one turn - knocking them to a 2-man squad and ignoring them isn't an option because they'll get to roll for those 18 guys every turn after.

And it's not that it's hard, it's that it's hard to kill them AND have enough firepower left over to also shoot down the opponent's more impressive offensive units. 

That said, I wouldn't mind such an oppoent. I tend not to win anyway, and I'm not actually planning to attend this year's OFCC (though I'm thinking I'll probably do it next year, assuming i survive until then, of course).

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Played against necrons once this edition. Opponent said that reanimation protocols is based on the total models in the squad originally, not the total slain in a given phase or turn. So killing those 20 guys can be tricky because you really do have to slay them all in one turn - knocking them to a 2-man squad and ignoring them isn't an option because they'll get to roll for those 18 guys every turn after.

And it's not that it's hard, it's that it's hard to kill them AND have enough firepower left over to also shoot down the opponent's more impressive offensive units. 

That said, I wouldn't mind such an oppoent. I tend not to win anyway, and I'm not actually planning to attend this year's OFCC (though I'm thinking I'll probably do it next year, assuming i survive until then, of course).

Reanimation protocols is at begining of turn. Roll a dice for each dead robot. On a 5+ they stand back up. You don't count losses do to moral. You can only roll for models if at least 1 model remains in the unit. 

So if you kill 15 out of 20 they auto fail moral and the whole squad is dead. Yes, they can auto pass one unit, and that unit will get 5 back on average. 

My point is, one shouldn't feel bad for even having 80 warriors let alone only 40. It's a fluffy thing to have a bunch of them.

Also you would shoot the scary necrons first (like the ones wearing people skin suits), because warriors are essentially slow space marines with no gear. Target priority and all...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

Reanimation protocols is at begining of turn. Roll a dice for each dead robot. On a 5+ they stand back up. You don't count losses do to moral. You can only roll for models if at least 1 model remains in the unit. 

So if you kill 15 out of 20 they auto fail moral and the whole squad is dead. Yes, they can auto pass one unit, and that unit will get 5 back on average. 

My point is, one shouldn't feel bad for even having 80 warriors let alone only 40. It's a fluffy thing to have a bunch of them.

Also you would shoot the scary necrons first (like the ones wearing people skin suits), because warriors are essentially slow space marines with no gear. Target priority and all...

Ah but this is where I get cheats. Cryptek makes it a 4+, and immortal pride auto passes all morale checks within 6" of him. So all my troops are always rolling up to the almost 20 dice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

Ah but this is where I get cheats. Cryptek makes it a 4+, and immortal pride auton passes ball morale checks within 6" of him. So all my troops are always rolling up to the almost 20 dice.

Oh... That's sexy...

Ehh killing 5 more isn't that hard, but I can see your concern. 

I say warriors, destroyers, immortals. Fill the rest with buffing characters and roll out. For purely fluff reasons I say a Nightbringer & Monolith just because they are the iconic big necron units.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1