2019 Winter Warzone 40K Escalation League Rules

Dark Trainer

30 minutes ago, Bosco said:

I'd wanted to call them 'Ursus Legion', but could never reconcile the name against the post-codex separation of the legions. 

Either way, looks like a fun league format to follow, should be interesting.

The Mentor Legion are a 26th Founding Chapter, so there's some precedent in the canon for having Loyalist Chapters of later foundings using the Legion name. Although if you wanted to go with the sort of faux Latin that GW has been embracing more and more these days, you'd want Legiō Ursī. 

Plus, bears are cool

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ish said:

The Mentor Legion are a 26th Founding Chapter, so there's some precedent in the canon for having Loyalist Chapters of later foundings using the Legion name. Although if you wanted to go with the sort of faux Latin that GW has been embracing more and more these days, you'd want Legiō Ursī. 

Plus, bears are cool

I think I'd more likely go with these ones. Or maybe try to find some that are knockoffs of the Clan Ghost Bear insignia from BattleTech.

• Like 1

Hey all! Just saying ‘hey’ and that I’m super excited for this! I’m trying to get a guard army up and running by February and this is great motivation! I’ve got about 500 points painted so far so this is perfect! 

Been getting some painting in over the holidays  🙂

66CD26CC-72F1-4705-B9F0-D5B70C913463.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ish said:

Mordian Iron Guard. The best damn regiment in the entire galaxy.

Hell yea! I’ve wanted to do a Mordian army forever! And their fluff is more grim than ever...the Stygius sector is lost to Tzeentch on the far side of the galactic rift... the fate of Mordia unknown. My regiment now roams the galaxy fighting from war zone to war zone recruiting new soldiers as they go, hoping to fight their way home one day...Mordia stands! Vengeance for Mordia! 

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hey all! Just saying ‘hey’ and that I’m super excited for this! I’m trying to get a guard army up and running by February and this is great motivation! I’ve got about 500 points painted so far so this is perfect! 

Oh... These are what I get to face tomorrow 

• Haha 1

Mordians were my first “full” army, I’d had a mixed-up jumble of Squats, Imperial Army, and a couple of Marines during Rogue Trader, but when Second Edition’s Codex: Imperial Guard came out alongside the Cadians, Tallarn, Catachan, Valhallan, and Mordians, I just had to have the boys in blue... and Leman Russ tanks. So many Leman Russ tanks.

Although my 17th Mordian Lancers wore a smart hunter green, since they were an rifle platoon attached to an Armored Cavalry Regiment. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Never seen those mortars. Are those the actual metal Mordian ones, a conversion, or a third pary? They look awesome.

Though not a fan of the clear bases with cardboard beneath...:tongue:

6 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Never seen those mortars. Are those the actual metal Mordian ones, a conversion, or a third pary? They look awesome.

Though not a fan of the clear bases with cardboard beneath...:tongue:

Haha fair enough. All 3rd party. The crew are Victoria miniatures and the mortars are from anvil industries. Both plastic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ish said:

I am very tempted to order a squad or three of Victoria's Praetorian Guard. If I've got to have a set of "Loyal 32" in order to be halfway competitive, might as well make them look good! 

You don't have to... But the CP is really nice. 

I alway a debate on making the same equivalent with the orks

29 minutes ago, apathy ales said:

Is there going to be a Sunday crowd? I'm new and don't know anyone, but can't make Tuesdays. Would love to get involved, but curious how many people will be looking for newer(ish) player games on Sundays...?...

I would love to do Sundays as well. Though Tuesdays are open for me. 

@Dark Trainer how will make up games work?

2 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

I would love to do Sundays as well. Though Tuesdays are open for me. 

@Dark Trainer how will make up games work?

Sunday is open if you can get a player. Makeups can be done all league long! Hoping no more than 2 league games in a night though.

If it gets too hard to manage I'd prefer it didn't go more than 1-2 weeks past a date.. we'll play by ear.