Arrows:

Witch's Curse: Poison.
Moonfire: +1 to wound against Order
Fast: 2 Shoots
Precise: No negatives to shooting
Razor: AP -3
Starfire: +1 to wound against Destruction

Special Rules:

Forest Stalker: Forest Striders, and, in forest: fight with an additional rank, shoot with an additional rank, and reroll 1s to wound on Close combat
Blessing of the Ancients: +1 Caster level in forests
Forest Spirit: Ward Save 6++ and ItP.
Place Forest: Citadel Forest, in your half of the table

Kurnous: Frenzy, Devastating Charge, Tattoos, Fast

Weaponry:

Asrai Bow, S3 AP.
Javelin, 12", AP and Poison.
Spears: basic spear (on foot and mounted), AP.

Sisters, WS 4++, javelins, same than warlocks, Shield of thorns and Curse. Poison.
Deers of ISha...1A S4. The kurnous ride Deers of kurnous...1A S4.

Rangers, GW, +1A vs fear and terror, S3. ItP

Shadowdancer is a hero, Shadow lore.

Hawks with Killing blow on charge, and AP both rider and mount.

Waywatchers: 2 shooting modes: First is rapid fire... Multiple shoots (2). Second is Accurate shooting. Ignore armor.

Only Aedas (the lord level mage) use High and Dark Magic.

Nobles and Trueborns have the rule arrow of Kuronus... If the enemy general is at 36" and in a straight line, before the game he receives a single S3 strike that ignores armor

Treeman S5, 5A. Upgrades such as strangle. Ancient only 3A, level 2 life.

Dancers, the already mentioned dances:
Quote Originally Posted by boli View Post
RE: wardancers

the last dances mentioned were:
* 3++
* Killing blow
* +1 A
* Removes Rank bonus from enemy.

for the same cost/profile.

which basically makes them 3 points more expensive than sisters of slaughter and not as good in any way (as you'll only have a choice of one of those dances at once and not 4++, removing rank bonuses from enemy as standard.)

- details are earlier in the thread I'm just repeating.
Lore rules, the already mentioned ones.

Dryads are not skirmishers, S3 and hatred

And some earler stuff, posted on a german forum by a poster called Paladin

He says that he has seen the book. Woodelves get both prowess rules as long they are inside of a wood... asf also.
Attribute of high magic gives one additional wound to the caster or unit he is in.
Attribute of dark magic is: place a counter for each successfull hex-spell on an enemy unit. Unit will eceive 1d3 additional hits per counter when hit by a subsequent damage-spell.

The magic item list (no idea what has changed on some of the items the German guy didn't post it)

Spirit sword
Daith's rapier
Bow of Loren
Helm of the hunt
Acorn of eternity ( old item from 5th edition. It makes a forest if I remember correctly)
Moonstone of hidden ways
Hail of doom arrow
Some wand (wand of wytch elm?)
Banner of midwinter (same unbreakable until EoT one time only ability also now grants mr3)
A new banner that gives vanguard and extra charge distance n first charge of the game ( I think someone already posted this on above)

Dryads and the new wildwood rangers are both the same point cost and are 1/2 slave cheaper than the current cost of a glade guard. Glade guard same cost. Basic tree man is old treeman - 2 trolls + 5 slaves in cost. Ancient is old ancient - troll in cost and still is s6. Basic treeman is s5

Strangle root is still in.

Wild wood rangers 5 5 4 3 3 1 5 1 9
a handfull of slaves
magical banner up to two handfull of slaves with spears.
DHW/GW light armour

magical arrows are ppm and in regions of dhw pointswise for other units.

Spells for maidens of thorn are anraheirs curse, shield of thornes

gg is the same ppm as last book

Some cray-cray rules rumors floating around! Gonna decide to just suspend any judgement until the book comes out, and see what I think of the whole package. I don't mind forest-spirits getting a bit of a nerf if the points savings lets me take more units.

Trick still seems to be seeing how the Woodies will deal with high toughness enemies. Between Waywatchers and the AP -3 arrows (if true), armour seems to be less of an issue, but with a rumored all-around decrease in strength (for forest spirits and the bow), it'll be interesting to see what else they have.

It seems like it'll be really easy to get a wide variety of useful spells from different lores, between the Thorn ladies, shadowdancer, and treeeman ancient - I really like that! 

I'm pleased to see that they are going to have some rank and file units. And its great that I can use my old spearmen in the army again. The new elf models also look really cool. But happy? You are going to need at least two boxes of each of those new units, plus a book, and maybe the cards. So to upgrade my current WE army into something I can play, I'm looking at $200 minimum. That doesn't make me happy. I'm hoping just to get away with the new cav and book.

The thing I like the most about this book, is I'll finally be able to make the Averlorn army I've always wanted. Dryads and Treemen as their should be but also archer and spear hand maiden's. The Mounted chicks will fit right in and Wild Riders as the nobility of Averlorn. Big caster as a Everqueen stand in and jobs a good 'un.

Heck, with the GW ranger guys, I can even add in White Lion's to tie everything together.

Brilliant.

Though from all the stats/rules from Furion, I'm going on a limb and calling it a solid 2nd tier army. Solid, useful, tricky but not world beating.

• Like 1

Hmmm... so, someone convince me that Glade Riders have a place in my army, At first, I was stoked that they simply got a points drop to bring them in line with other fast cav, and got AP as a bonus. The fact that they lost their no move and shoot penalties ability was a let down, but offset by being able to take the cool new arrows. I was really stoked at the thought of painting up an extra unit of them. Then the ambush talk started, which was OK, but gimicky. Then I realized ambush is not optional. Ambushers MUST roll to come on. Ugh. I kind of hate reserves in 40k, but at least there you are guaranteed they'll come on the table eventually. I've always though a small ranked unit makes better ambushers, as they can provide a viable combat threat to enemy castle formations or gunlines. For a unit like gladeriders, however, you want them doing their thing from turn one, and they don't carry much weight to be able to form a credible combat threat. What's their role?

Hmmm... so, someone convince me that Glade Riders have a place in my army, At first, I was stoked that they simply got a points drop to bring them in line with other fast cav, and got AP as a bonus. The fact that they lost their no move and shoot penalties ability was a let down, but offset by being able to take the cool new arrows. I was really stoked at the thought of painting up an extra unit of them. Then the ambush talk started, which was OK, but gimicky. Then I realized ambush is not optional. Ambushers MUST roll to come on. Ugh. I kind of hate reserves in 40k, but at least there you are guaranteed they'll come on the table eventually. I've always though a small ranked unit makes better ambushers, as they can provide a viable combat threat to enemy castle formations or gunlines. For a unit like gladeriders, however, you want them doing their thing from turn one, and they don't carry much weight to be able to form a credible combat threat. What's their role?

To give me points for killing them!

Need to see their full rules before I judge them. Right now they do seem gimmicky.

Huh?

Dark Riders will be my point "of" reference. Dark Riders are amazing, so if Glade Riders come close to them they will rock.

And I hate hate hate the updated spelling auto corrector. I had to back up and rewrite my words like ten times just to finish this post. :angry:

It will replace if with of and Dark with some random word. Just stupid.

Ah, yes driders are the measuring stick of all core fast cav.

If its true you can rank Dryads now my pants just.got tighter.

Why?

11pts for a S3/T4 6+ Ward ranked unit with frenzy does not appeal as a big block unit. As a replacement for the old Witch Elf darts, sure.

Given the amount of forests likely to hit the board, I'd MUCH rather have dryads stay skirmishers. the speed and maneuverability made them excel as redirectors and blockers.

Do you also enjoy how GW clearly required Citadel Forest per the rules? Those things are massive.

• Like 1