Wood Elves Are Coming!

Is it confirmed to be 8 Lores with the Elf lores or is it just the Elf lores? But since they won't have access to the bonuses to cast that the High and Dark Elves get I don't see an issue. Those lores are very nice but nothing outrageous compared to the BRB.

It's not like Morathi who can pick spells from multiple lores. Nothing to get jealous about.

Is it confirmed to be 8 Lores with the Elf lores or is it just the Elf lores? But since they won't have access to the bonuses to cast that the High and Dark Elves get I don't see an issue. Those lores are very nice but nothing outrageous compared to the BRB.

It's not like Morathi who can pick spells from multiple lores. Nothing to get jealous about.

See the link I posted above for a WD screenshot. Base 8 + 2 elves are confirmed.

They are elves, the masters of magic. You know, the guys who taught the eight lores to the humans. Why would they suddenly lose knowledge because they chose to live in the woods? I've always hated that they limited the WE magic lores. It just didn't make sense from their own fluff. Now why they know dark magic?? you got me.

Best I could figure is that all elves know both high and dark magic.  The High Elves refuse to use Dark Magic due to taboo, and the Dark Elves refuse to use High Magic out of pride.  The Woodies have no such worries, and are free to use either.

And yet they know more lores than the slann who taught them magic...

One could make the case that their entire civilization has regressed and some knowledge could be lost in that process too. But I don't see it add knowledge lost so much as their priorities sifting.

Playing with fire when you live in a forest and are allied with flammable creatures is foolish and impractical.

The fundamental philosophy of the lore of death is anathema to their cultural philosophy of living in harmony with the forest and its myriad creatures.

Lore of metal is just horribly impractical. It's hard to practice a lore if the required resource is incredibly rare in your realm.

So it's not that they're stupid, there's just no reason for them to continue to use that knowledge. Not lost, so much as discarded.

Anyway, at this point there's no reason why every race shouldn't have access to all 8 lores.

• Like 1

Bah, today's Slann are degenerate, primative frogmen in comparison to those from the Age of Wonders. Of course those grotesque parodies of their former selves don't know as much. 

Re: Metal being rare, there are mountains bordering Athel Loren. That's apparently where those sage councilors, the great eagles love. You know, those dear friends of the Wood Elves, who they would never put in harm's way?

Fire is a healthy and necessary part of many forests. 

Death makes sense, given the forest is full of hateful daemons who abhor non-forest critters. Dryads are as murderous as all get out.

The pic listed above from the WD says they can... it's hard to read, but it is there.

The pic listed above from the WD says they can... it's hard to read, but it is there.

Yep, found a better picture. Cool for the Wood Elves. Of course what makes Dark and High magic so powerful is not all in the Lores themselves. It is the bonuses and magical items available to the Dark and High elves.There is lots of synergy in those books that takes good Lores and makes them great.

So we will have to wait and see what else the Wood Elves have.

Wood elves lore attribute is Deus ex Legolas

I think a lot of people don't get that GW asrai are not the tolkein elves.

They live in a daemonic forest, worship life and death in equal parts, are hateful, capricious,and spite fueled.

They have no interest in your survival, only in athel Loren.

Imagine a pyschotic eco terrorist with ultimate conviction in his faith that lives in a hell of hos own making, then your getting close

Me: Hey Cristin, Wood Elves are getting a new book on May 3rd!

Wife: I know, you have said that like 10 times in the past hour on the drive home.

Me: Hey Cristin, Wood Elves are getting a new book on May 3rd! Can you believe it!

Wife: You realize your parents and have half a dozen life insurance policies on you right?

Me: What does that have to do with the Wood Elves getting a new book on May 3rd?

Wife: Soooooooooooon...

• Like 3