Wood Elves Are Coming!

Too Sooooon...  If only the Bretonnians had come out first!  Then all would have been right in the world. Now its just Chaos, pure Chaos!

Chaos has honestly been out for awhile now, both books. And who are these Bretteniens? Is it a fan based book? Haven't seen that army before. :tongue:

But soon we will see if the wait for the Wood Elves was worth it.

• Like 2

The problem with this logic is that Dryads don't produce more attacks in the smaller frontages Treekin work in. In 2x2 or 3x2 blocks, Treekin are going to out-damage the dryads and the additional wound doesn't really make up for the defensive losses (4+ armor, T5, and unstompable). Take dryads if you're looking for Core combat, but don't confuse them for being better Treekin.

I didn't say better, I said I would rather have them.

Treekin are too static even in narrow frontages and work on providing a semi mobile defensive wall as a deterent or a bull dozer. With S4 instead of 5, their counter charge ability even with a stomp is unimpressive and not particularly useful for how I like WE to play and I don't need a good toughness/middling strength bull dozer.

Here's hoping for S5 Stag riders.

• Like 1

Wolfen from La Taberna
de
Laurana wrote:- Sisters of the Thorn / Wild Riders: Plastic Box, dual kit, 5 miniatures. 29 euro. The Sisters are the Stag Riders, and the Wild Riders are Orion´s personal Guard, with long spears.

- Eternal Guard / Wildwood Rangers: Plastic box, dual infantry kit, 10 miniatures. 31 Euro. Has a Command Set: Champion, Musician and Standard Bearer

- Guardians of The Deepwood: Army Box, 3 Treemen and 36 Dryads. 190 euro. Treemen can be armed as Ancient and even one Durthu. Only until stocks last.

anonymous source on Faeit 212 wrote:from the next White Dwarf:

Wood Elves Eternal Guard/Wildwood Rangers $39

Wood Elves Sisters of the Thorn / Wild Riders: $44

Wood Elves Guardians of the Deepwood $230

The Sisters of the thorn come with a Blackbriar Javelin that is armour piercing with poisoned attacks with a range of 12". The unit also is considered to be a level 2 wizard with shield of thorns and curse of anraheir. With a 4+ ward save and always strikes first, these units are looking tough.

Wildwood Rangers also get always strikes first and immune to psychology, and come with a Great Weapon and light armour. Also a Guardians of Wildwood special rule for +1 attack.

Nah, the Asrai aren't athels. Loren is an athel.

Sister of the Thorn 26PPM

M 5
WS 4
BS 5
S 3
T 3
W 1
I 5
A 1
Ld 9
Handmaiden upgrade is BS6

Steed of Isha
M9
WS 3
BS 0
S 4
T 3
W 1
I 4
A 1 
LD 5

Blackbriar javelin: 12" S,user AR piercing poison.

ASF riders
Fast CAV
Forest Stalker
Poisoned Attacks riders

4+ Ward save

Deepwood Coven:
Unit is lvl2. Knows LoL shield of Thorns and LoB Curse of Antaheir. +1 to cast per rank of 5. To a mad of +3. Nominate a single model as faster for LOS etc...if miscast D3 wounds no saves of any kind.

• Like 1