Wood Elves Are Coming!

I don't know about Treekin. If dryads stay the same cost, I think I'd rather the 4 dryads with the extra wound and attacks over the extra pip of toughness.

Yeah, they can be boosted by Beasts but there are other lores that could fill holes in the army instead of situationally complimenting them. We'll see. Perhaps they got the S nerf so they're looked at as more defensive and Stag riders are S5, T4 to be the hitting part of the options.

I don't know about Treekin. If dryads stay the same cost, I think I'd rather the 4 dryads with the extra wound and attacks over the extra pip of toughness.

Yeah, they can be boosted by Beasts but there are other lores that could fill holes in the army instead of situationally complimenting them. We'll see. Perhaps they got the S nerf so they're looked at as more defensive and Stag riders are S5, T4 to be the hitting part of the options.

The problem with this logic is that Dryads don't produce more attacks in the smaller frontages Treekin work in. In 2x2 or 3x2 blocks, Treekin are going to out-damage the dryads and the additional wound doesn't really make up for the defensive losses (4+ armor, T5, and unstompable). Take dryads if you're looking for Core combat, but don't confuse them for being better Treekin.

• Like 1

I picked up the new White Dwarf.

Araloth is on the cover of the new army book.

Athel Loren is divided up into 12 Kingdoms. Araloth is the lord of one of the Kingdoms. He is a,special character who no one will take.

For slightly less points than a Cygor, Araloth is a stubborn character armored with a shield and a 4+ ward save. He has a mundane Adsrai spear (armour piercing), ASF, and 5 S4 attacks. Alone he is unbreakable. He has no bow.

His hawk is not very useful.

• Like 1

I picked up the new White Dwarf.

Araloth is on the cover of the new army book.

Athel Loren is divided up into 12 Kingdoms. Araloth is the lord of one of the Kingdoms. He is a,special character who no one will take.

For slightly less points than a Cygor, Araloth is a stubborn character armored with a shield and a 4+ ward save. He has a mundane Adsrai spear (armour piercing), ASF, and 5 S4 attacks. Alone he is unbreakable. He has no bow.

His hawk is not very useful.

:(

The new Treeman kit is dual kit for the standard and ancient Treemen. The ancient has a staff and a beard.....The sprue has 13 new spites on it. The sprites are cool especially the three eyed owl. I am worried the model will be hard to store and transport. It looks delicate and fragile.

The design is inspired off an Eldar wraith knight.

The rules for Durthu are solid. For under four hundred points, you have a Treeman lord with a WS 7, 6 attacks, and a10 Leadership. His is a level 1 Beast Wizard. He is frenzied and has hatred, so he has 7 attacks....plus thunder stomp. He can shoot 2d6, S2 magic attacks with killing blow.

Tree whack is useless unless you are hitting a steam tank or a War Sphinx and I have no idea what Blessing of the Ancients does.

• Like 1

Hey, RD - do the Dryads look ranked as in they are now a ranked unit, or ranked as in that's what happens when they get charged and bunch up? Likely, there's no way to tell from the pictures, but I'm curious if they show anything in the pictures as skirmishing.

It is hard to tell. In three photos, the dryads are ranked up. In one photo, they look to be skirmishing, but the photo is not focused on the Dryads. Two of the photos are showing blocks of 5x3 Dryads.