Oathmark - General Discussion

Ish

14 minutes ago, Ish said:

As a general rule, weekends are pretty much not doable for me. I’m usually available both Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I usually only come on one night in any given week.

If you dig around in the early pages of this thread, you’ll find a Thingiverse link to the movement trays I’ve used myself.  

I did download that file and will start printing them this weekend I might be free on sunday I just gotta chck with the wife

Building a kingdom isn’t strictly necessary in order to play. It’s a really fun part of the game – although the “wall of text” explaining how it works is probably the worst written page of the book – that really makes campaigns shine… But you can just make a list straight from the chapter detailing the individual units without worrying about it.

1 hour ago, Damunky said:

I don't have a list ready or a kingdom made yet so not sure how to make a list yet. Also would you guys be willing to use the ordo discord? 

Sorry, didn’t see this earlier. Just bring a bunch of minis you want to use - say maybe 30-40 in total with enough model similarity to make sets of 5-10. Plus five cavalry if you want to try those. It’ll take 5 mins to make a list because it’s just a pick-up game without the campaign.

Edited by Tao Tsê-Mung

I’m seeing what looks like a unit of Dark Elf Executioners, which would be an obvious choice for Elf Linebreakers (30 pts ea); a unit of Dark Elf Black Ark Corsairs, which would probably work best as Elf Warriors (26 pts ea); a unit of Repeating Crossbows, which make obvious Elf Archers (24 pts each).

I can’t quite identify the cavalry. They look more heavily armored than Dark Elf Dark Riders, but they definitely don’t look like Cold One Knights. Likewise, I can’t make out any of the infantry units in the upper right… 

The Manticore would probably work well as a Lindwurm (500 pts) or a Winged Dragon (800 pts), although that’s a ways off.

1 hour ago, Ish said:

I’m seeing what looks like a unit of Dark Elf Executioners, which would be an obvious choice for Elf Linebreakers (30 pts ea); a unit of Dark Elf Black Ark Corsairs, which would probably work best as Elf Warriors (26 pts ea); a unit of Repeating Crossbows, which make obvious Elf Archers (24 pts each).

I can’t quite identify the cavalry. They look more heavily armored than Dark Elf Dark Riders, but they definitely don’t look like Cold One Knights. Likewise, I can’t make out any of the infantry units in the upper right… 

The Manticore would probably work well as a Lindwurm (500 pts) or a Winged Dragon (800 pts), although that’s a ways off.

Top right is witch elves and the cav is dark riders 

22 minutes ago, Damunky said:

Top right is witch elves and the cav is dark riders 

Huh. Apparently GW decided to slap barding on them when I wasn’t looking. The Elf Unit List has two types of cavalry: Elf Cavalry have hand weapons, shields, and heavy armor at 70 pts each; Elf Mounted Rangers have no armor, but do have elf bows, at 55 pts each.

IIRC, Dark Riders have both mêlée weapons and crossbows, so these models might best be used as Mounted Rangers.

But, y’know, you do you.

The Witch Elves would probably match up really well with the Elf Pathguard. They’re lightly armored, it’s easy enough to imagine they’re using their off-hand weapon to parry representing their Shielding rule, and being crazy, naked, acrobatic elf-ninja is represented by the Nimble rule.

Woah, I'm really happy to hear that there's some local interest in oathmark. I'm slowly chugging away at getting a human kingdom built. Here's what I've got so far. I really need to get my linebreakers done before I'll be happy with where I'm at, but I'm waiting on a couple of additional minis from footsore.

oathmarkhumans.thumb.jpg.9c35f000436c11f4fd9981511544b3a4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I just ordered a copy of oathbreakers. Ive got a few ideas on kingdoms but the main thing is finding stls i want to print and trying to make it cohesive at the same time. Like I could do some lizardmen easy. I could do an asian theme. I could do Empire. so many options to many choices lol

2 hours ago, Ish said:

By the by, @JauntyH, that’s a very nice army of Normans. Makes me really want to finish off my Anglo-Saxons so that we can refight the Battle of Hastings.

Harold regem verus est! 

Old-Glory-Norman-Archers-3.JPG.a4f8062d56d6cadb94f9755c1de24d22.JPG

I'm really thrilled at the prospect of getting a game in. Here I was thinking I'd have to build two armies and just post on the various game stores discords offering to run demos for people! I've a bit of orcs and lotr wood elves painted up too. Enough to contribute to a kitchen sink sort of list, but I've really got my heart set on playing a cohesive human kingdom. I've messed around with a list builder, and I can fill out a 2500 point game. However I think that'd involve fielding an inadvisable preponderance of cavalry.

Doing some rough “back of a napkin” math, I’ve got roughly 3,800 points of dwarves, fully painted (except for the artillery crew) and ready to go.

I’ve got another thirty unassembled dwarven spearmen in my queue, which would push me up to about 4,300 points.

Oathmark doesn’t have rules for pikes, but I’m willing to bet your silly Knorman Kaniggets wouldn’t enjoy bashing into a Dwarven Phalanx.