Oathmark - General Discussion

Ish

One Page Rules has their Saurian Army, which is basically their off-brand take on the Meso-American Dinosaur-Man theme of GW’s Lizardmen. These models are, at default print heights, on the large end of 32 mm scale… But if you shrunk them down before printing, you could probably get them to look Kobold-y.

Had a great first game with @Damunky. My elves squared off against a force of mostly Orcs and Goblins. I won at the cost of 2/3ds of my soldiers. Morale was the defining factor in the fight. I didn't appreciate the elves point value until I saw how you really need to kill them to the last man (last elf?) to get them off the table. They're expensive, but you get your points worth.

I'm really impressed with the game. I'll be very busy next week, but I look forward to catching some more matches after!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who’s up for doing a proper campaign?

I know we’re all still learning the game and putting together our armies, but campaign play is a big part of what makes Oathmark tick. Maybe just a short one… Four to six weeks and 1,000-2,000 Points (players’ choice when setting up a game). We could start the first game night of September and run until mid or late October? 

December and January are always a slow period for gaming, what with holidays, bad weather, and end-of-year/beginning-of-year work stuff, so I’d hate to lose the momentum that Oathmark seems to be building.

6 hours ago, Ish said:

Who’s up for doing a proper campaign?

I know we’re all still learning the game and putting together our armies, but campaign play is a big part of what makes Oathmark tick. Maybe just a short one… Four to six weeks and 1,000-2,000 Points (players’ choice when setting up a game). We could start the first game night of September and run until mid or late October? 

December and January are always a slow period for gaming, what with holidays, bad weather, and end-of-year/beginning-of-year work stuff, so I’d hate to lose the momentum that Oathmark seems to be building.

So the crusade escalation league just started last week and will run for several weeks yet. I’d definitely like to start the Oathmark campaign as soon as the escalation league is over. But I’d prefer not to have to miss one for the other.

I’d also like to suggest we set a default game size and stick to it relatively closely. @Ish @Damunky We’ve talked about the 2500pt game being the “standard” size according to the book pg82. The victory/loss effects and passage of time rolls between battles means we’ll want time to make changes between sessions. It’ll be annoying to have to prepare for widely varying game size like from 1000pts up to 2500pt depending upon who’s available.

Knowing what the usual game size is has a big effect on which monsters & territories people take too.

Edited by Tao Tsê-Mung