Adeptus Mechanicus Incoming?

pretre

My army is pretty much shaping up. Here's what I think I'll be fielding. Most of this is bought, some is already painted. Last bits to buy this week when the final models drop.

Skitarii Maniple

10 Vanguard, 3 arc rifles, omnispex

10 Vanguard, 3 arc rifles, omnispex

10 Vanguard, 3 plasma, omnispex, Alpha w/ refractor field, phosphor pistol, taser goad

Dunecrawler w/ Icarus

Dunecrawler w/ Neutron laser and cognis manipulator

Knight Oathsworn

Knight Errant, Icarus

Elimination Maniple

2 Kastelan Robots w/ TL Heavy Phosphor and phosphor carapice

3 Kataphron Destoyers w grav

3 Kataphron Destoyers w grav

Clocks in at 1850 (assuming the rumored points for the kataphron hold true). Very shoot, pretty versatile. And most important, I genuinely love the look of every single model in the entire army.

Seems like a potent list.

One thing I've really been considering- break up the onager squads. The cumulative invuln sounds like a good idea- but shooting multiple targets is more important- and if something gets to them that can threaten them- well, there is a pretty good chance they'll drop either way

Canticles 
Ok, they are an army wide special rule that gives a lot of flexibility each round to your CM army. Units with the rule gain benefits according the number of units with the rule on the table and are stronger the more units you have. There are 6 canticles and each one can only be used once per game. Benefits include cover bonus's, bonus's to strength, re-rolling failed attacks from either close combat or shooting, fearless, or creating extra hits in close combat. 8 units gives the strongest bonus 4-7 a medium bonus, and 1-3 a standard bonus. 

and information from a reader who sent in some information. 

via a reader on Faeit 212 
The new WD shows off some of the Canticles of the Omnissiah. 
Incantation of the Iron Skull 
1-3 units 
Friendly units with Canticles gain Stubborn. 

4-7 units 
Friendly units with Canticles gain Stubborn and re-roll all failed Morale, Fear and Pinning. 

8+ units 
Friendly units with Canticles gain Fearless. 

The blurred picture almost shows all 6. Aside from the skull one the others I could read say: 

Chant of Remorseless Fist 
1-3 Units 
Friendly units with Canticles can re-roll failed to hits of 1 in close combat. 

4-7 Units 
Friendly units with Canticles can re-roll failed to hits of 1 and 2 in close combat. 

8+ Units 
Friendly units with Canticles can re-roll failed to hits in close combat. 

Invocation of Machine-Might 
1-3 Units 
Friendly units with Canticles add +1 to their Strength. 

4-7 Units 
Friendly units with Canticles add +2 to their Strength. 

8+ Units 
Friendly units with Canticles add +3 to their Strength. 

The last 3 I can only read the 1-3 section. 
Shroudplasm 
1-3 Units 
Units 
Friendly units with Canticles get Stealth 

Benediction of Omniscience 
1-3 Units 
Friendly units with Canticles re-roll failed to hits of 1 when shooting 

This one probably mirrors the Remorseless Fist. Canticle. 

Litany of Electromancer 
1-3 Units 
Is illegible in the photo but seems to cause a Strength 4 AP - hit to enemy units within X inches of a model with Canticles.

Oh man hype time 

Someone with a warseer account ask what the battle detatchment is in the formation 

The +1 BS and ignore cover formation was confirmed, but appears to have a caveat to it 

There are 4 formations: 

- Cohort Cybernetica 
1x Dominus 
2 Kastelan Robot Maniples 
Kastelan protocols have an inmediate effect when chosen 
For every Datasmith and Dominus one Robot may fire to a different target. 
Dominus and the 2 maniples are a single unit. Dominus may not abandon the unit. 

- Elimination Maniple 
2-3 unitos of Kataphron Destroyers 
1-3 Kastelan Robot Maniples 
If one Robot inflincts one unsaved wound or a penetrating hit with a weapon with the Luminogen SR, the rest of the formation gains +1BS and ignore cover when firing to that unit. 

- Numinous Maniple 
2-3 units of Fulgurite Electro-Priests 
2-3 units of Corpuscarii Electo-Priests 
If a Corpuscarii unit is at 6" or less of 1 or more Fulgurite unit, they gain +1 shot when firing. If one unit suffers one or more unsaved wounds, it is considered "electrified" until the end of turn. 
If a Fulgurite units attacks in CC to an "electrified" unit, they reroll to wound 

- Holy Requisitioner 
1 Dominus 
2-3 Kataphron Breachers 
Deep Strike 
They have to stay in Reserve. When deployed, the Dom¡nus does not scatter if deployed at 6" or less of an objective marker. Breachers do not scatter as long as they arrive at 6" or less of the Dominus. 
They have the Zealot and Counterattack SR when at 6" or less from a objective marker.

With the latest round of rumors, the Cult Mechanicus Battle Congregation is just 1 HQ and 2 Troops, and up to 6 more Troops, 4 Elite, 2 Heavy and... 1 Fortification.

So the White Dwarf War Convocation Formation letting all units remove Gets Hot from their rules means the Plasma Obliterator just found a new home.

I figure I can fit in everything and just squeeze in 60 points under 1850.  (Psychic Inquisitor with Servo Skull, I'm looking in your direction....)

If only I had the time, money, etc to travel for 40K this summer.  However it looks like I'll have to stay uber local and miss OFCC this year, and possibly even the August TSHFT.

• Like 1

Relics, can't read them all, but the first one gives IWND to the bearer and Unit, the second one looks like it makes additional S4 AP5 Rending close combat Attacks, the third is a suit of Artificer Armour that makes your weapons Cognis, the fourth, I think lets you immediately apply Kastellan protocols instead of having to do it a Turn in advance, no idea on the fifth, the last one does random stuff in CC, but I can't tell beyond that.

Warlord Traits:

1: Eternal Warrior

2: Master Craft a Weapon

3: Ignores Cover?

4: Warlord and Unit can pick the result instead of rolling when they scout Mysterious Objectives

5: Adds Haywire (I think) to the Warlord's CC Attacks

6: Always use the best effect on Canticles, regardless of how many relevant units are on the table

Mask of alpha dominus 
Immediately change the fighting protocoll of a friendly kastellan maniple or cohort cybernetica within 12“. The change takes place immediately and you cant use the protocol you have used before on this unit for the rest of the game. 

Seer-skull 
At the beginning of each of your turns you can choose: discover one not identified objective or scan an enemy vehicle. If you scan every unit from skitarii and cult mechanicus rerols failed armourpenetration rolls till your next turn. You can choose to reroll glances too

• Like 1

And last 
Retrogenese glove 
In the melee subphase you can choose to not attack and instead use the glove against a vehicle, friend or foe. If its a foe you have to hit. Friendly vehicle get hit automatically. Then roll a d6 
1 enemy player chooses if the vehicle gains or looses 1hullpoint 
2 or 3 you choose as above 
4 or 5 same with d3 
6 you can inflict or repair d6 

Sorry for splitting, but i'm typing with a mobile device and it gets a bit confusing if the text is longer

• Like 2