Adeptus Mechanicus Incoming?

pretre

Lord of the Machines: 
In every of your shooting phases the Tech-Priest Dominus may repair a single vehicle he is either embarked on or or in base contact with or restore a wound instead of firing one of his weapons. Roll a D6. On a 2 or higher the attempt is successful: if you repair a vehicle, you may restore a hull point or undo an "immobilized" or "weapon destroyed" result; this happens immediately. If you restore a wound, the Tech-Priest Dominus or any model in his unit of the Skitarii or Cult Mechanicus Factions gain a Wound they lost previously; this happens immediately. 

-may replace his volkite blaster with an eradication beamer 15pts 
- may replace it's macropistol with a Phosphor Serpenta 
5 pts 
- may receive items from special wargear and/or Arcana Mechanicum 

Also has Canticles, FNP, relentless and is an IC.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to mess with the paint scheme. I think they'll look better with a more reasonable skin tone that lets the Electoos stand out more. And yeah, hideously overpriced for T3 5++ CC Infantry, but I'm getting them anyhow. Because, like so much of the rest of the AdMech stuff, I've been wanting them for like 20 years now.

• Like 2

I'd assume the Electro-Priests don't go outside much.

Except when they go to battle with their shirts off? And anyway, point was more directed at the racial skin tones. Just seems like it would be really easy for GW to add some ethnic diversity and they never do or even try.

Except when they go to battle with their shirts off? And anyway, point was more directed at the racial skin tones. Just seems like it would be really easy for GW to add some ethnic diversity and they never do or even try.

In the grim darkness of the far future there are only white people.

I totally agree with you, though. The closest they've gotten to different skin tones is the Salamanders chapter, and their skin discoloration is caused by excessive radiation!

We'll have to see...

I think so much of this new army really depends on whatever the Canticles of the Omnisiah actually do- as it stands most of the units, seem to have some pretty glaring flaws for the points investment.

On the whole I'm starting to feel the Admech are overcosted for what they do- I still love them, and will continue playing them- but they mostly seem to manage to pull off some epic losses for me around turn 3 or 4.

In the grim darkness of the future, the only skin tone is...white.

Salamanders are black as the deepest depths of your midnight nightmares, so I don't know what you're talking about. There's nothing at all racist about the only black people in the entire universe being a regressive mutation that looks like demonic evil.

• Like 5

My army is pretty much shaping up.  Here's what I think I'll be fielding.  Most of this is bought, some is already painted.  Last bits to buy this week when the final models drop.

Skitarii Maniple

10 Vanguard, 3 arc rifles, omnispex

10 Vanguard, 3 arc rifles, omnispex

10 Vanguard, 3 plasma, omnispex, Alpha w/ refractor field, phosphor pistol, taser goad

Dunecrawler w/ Icarus

Dunecrawler w/ Neutron laser and cognis manipulator

Knight Oathsworn

Knight Errant, Icarus

Elimination Maniple

2 Kastelan Robots w/ TL Heavy Phosphor and phosphor carapice

3 Kataphron Destoyers w grav

3 Kataphron Destoyers w grav

Clocks in at 1850 (assuming the rumored points for the kataphron hold true).  Very shoot, pretty versatile.  And most important, I genuinely love the look of every single model in the entire army.

• Like 2

http://www.gamestrust.de/tabletop/news,warhammer-40-000-adeptus-mechanicus-bilder-dominus-edition-lobgesaenge-missionen-english-translation,id43317.html

Translation: Incantation of the Iron Soul grants an army wide buff for every unit with the special rule "Canticles of Omnissiah": 
1-3 - Friendly units with the special rule are Relentless 
4-7 - Friendly units with the special rule are Relentless and have to repeat all failed morale, fear and pin down tests 
8+ - Friendly units with the special rule are Fearless

• Like 1

What's the count? 1-3/4-7/8+ what? Number of Units with the Special Rule, maybe?

http://www.gamestrust.de/tabletop/news,warhammer-40-000-adeptus-mechanicus-bilder-dominus-edition-lobgesaenge-missionen-english-translation,id43317.html

Translation: Incantation of the Iron Soul grants an army wide buff for every unit with the special rule "Canticles of Omnissiah": 
1-3 - Friendly units with the special rule are Relentless 
4-7 - Friendly units with the special rule are Relentless and have to repeat all failed morale, fear and pin down tests 
8+ - Friendly units with the special rule are Fearless