Adeptus Mechanicus Incoming?

pretre

Yeah, some of those would make a good starting point. There are a few others I've seen around from smaller manufacturers that I was sort of thinking of, too. Need to poke around and find 'em again.

EDIT: Just realized, this might be a good place to use that idea I had about using StormRaven Hulls as the base for Tanks or something. Could probably put legs in the landing gear spots and make that look pretty good.

Indeed. Atia over at Bolter and Chainsword has been busy. Apparently a redirect for 'Fulgrite Electro Priests' has also been found! According to one avid lore-monger, the Electropriests were S8 maniacs with no armor that would flail into battle, like Arco-Flaggelants, back in 2nd edition, but they never got a model.

It's looking more and more that Eldar will be a 1-2 week release here at the end of April and beginning of May, which leaves the rest of May for the things that we've gotten confirmed so far:

Dark Angels with Interrigator Chaplain
Cult Mechanicus with Fulgrite Electro Priests

I have a feeling that the Eldar and Dark Angel releases are going to be very small and fast, much like the Necron and Dark Eldar releases.

• Like 2

Indeed. Atia over at Bolter and Chainsword has been busy. Apparently a redirect for 'Fulgrite Electro Priests' has also been found! According to one avid lore-monger, the Electropriests were S8 maniacs with no armor that would flail into battle, like Arco-Flaggelants, back in 2nd edition, but they never got a model.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I've seriously been waiting for Electro-Priests to get Models and Rules for 20 years. Finally! XD

Also, I'm going to really have to struggle to keep myself from spending like $400 just on DuneCrawlers :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh. I really can't afford an entire other army. I got the skitarii book and the datacards, but I was thinking it was a small adepticus mechanicus release. I want every model here and I need to restrain myself. As a small extra force I can afford them, but not this...

Anyone want to buy my skitarii codex and datacards? PM if interested. Selling them off makes me that much less tempted to buy an entire army...

Models are beautiful and I look forward to facing them on the tabletop.

Love the skitarii so was really stoked for Admech cult...now not so much.  The cult stuff doesn't really seem like an army. I mean skitarii was light on kits but the ranger/van can easily be the backbone of the force with a smattering of the other stuff.  The admech stuff shown here?  Can't see how the tracked guys, monks and out of place diver bot form an army without allying skitarii.  Even then just seems off.

Mostly that bot is just not fitting in with the rest of the range.  Some fleur de lis, wires/mechanica exposed machinery, something to tie it in in with onager/ballisteri.  As it stands it looks more like a polish resin knock off then a GW kit.  Though I am one of the few people who doesn't dig the 30k mechanicum stuff so maybe it's just me.

Same thing they did with Tempestus Scions and Astra Militarum. Don't have either- but aren't Scions still in the Militarum book? They just don't have their own special snowflake formations?

Or it's the faction-ing. Really expecting 8th to have Space Marines, Imperium, Chaos, Eldar, Orks, and Tau "factions", each consisting of multiple books. GW PLC discovered DLC.