Adeptus Mechanicus Incoming?

pretre

Both statlines are WS/BS 3, S/T 5, W2, I3, A1, Ld8. 

Kataphron Breachers 

Equipment: Kataphron Assault Armor (3+), Heavy Arc Rifle, Arc Claw 
Special Rules: Canticles of the Omnissiah, Very Bulky 

Options: 
- Add up to 9 additional models for 50 pts each. 
- Each model may replace Heavy Arc Rifle with Torsion Cannon(?) for free 
- Each model may replace Arc Claw with Hydraulic Claw for 10 pts each 

Kataphron Destroyers 
Equipment: Kataphron Half-Armor (4+), Plasma Culverin, Phosphor Blaster 
Special Rules: Canticles of the Omnissiah, Very Bulky 

Options: 
- Add up to 9 additional models for 55 pts each 
- Each model may replace Plasma Culverin with Heavy Grav Cannon for free 
- Each model may replace Phosphor Blaster with Cognis Flamer for 5 pts each 

The special move/fire rule is Heavy Battle Servitors: 
"Models with this rule may not run, but can fire up to two weapons in the Shooting phase. These models count as stationary when firing Heavy or Salvo weapons, even if they moved in the previous Movement phase, and may charge in the same turn that they fired Rapid Fire, Salvo or Heavy weapons."

They can't run, either, if I'm reading it right, but they can still fire Overwatch, unlike S&P Models. Somewhere in-between Relentless and S&P.

I'm really curious as to what a Cognis Flamer does. Counting as BS2 for Snap Shots like the other Cognis Weapons doesn't really make sense, especially for something that you have to pay to upgrade a Phosphor Blaster to.

Yay! My high school french helps.

Torsion Cannon - S8 AP 1 Torsion (Does D3 HP instead of 1 per result for Glance, 3 for Pen)

Cognis Flamer does 3 hits on Wall of Death.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Heavy Grav is Salvo 4/6, Concussion, Grav.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Heavy Plasma - Heavy 2 Blast Gets Hot

http://i.imgur.com/KrCazbf.jpg

• Like 1

I just went to check on the NZ site, to see if anything limited edition sneaked in that the rumours didn't get, and freaked out for a sec on the prices before I remembered those were NZ dollars and GW's horrific down under prices. They still ain't cheap once I did a rough conversion, but no longer shocking ;)

pazuzu wrote:
Merci beaucoup :p (the blurry page is the same than an other clear one ) 

The special formation in the Dwarf is just silly 

1 maniple skitarii + 1 battle congregation cult mechanicus + 1 oathworn detachement and you get : 

reroll on lord chart, no get's hot, canticle for all unit (knight too), and all relics (from the 2 codex) are free for everyone 

Unfortunately the Skitarii Battle Maniple is the 'buy one of each of our units" one, so I'm guessing the Battle congregation is the same.

Otherwise minimum 2 Troops Skitarii and 1 HQ 2 Troops Cult Mechanicus plus one or more Knights for all  those bonuses?  Too good to be true.

Unfortunately the Skitarii Battle Maniple is the 'buy one of each of our units" one, so I'm guessing the Battle congregation is the same.

Otherwise minimum 2 Troops Skitarii and 1 HQ 2 Troops Cult Mechanicus plus one or more Knights for all  those bonuses?  Too good to be true.

"F-ck! We need to increase sales!" -Kevin Rountree, probably 

I really wish the Battle Maniple had been (Ruststalkers OR Infiltrators) and (Dragoons AND Ballistarii) instead of the other way around. Just that change would make it much more reasonable.

It does refer to the CM one as a Detachment, which suggests that it's not one of the Formation ones. We'll see.