Adeptus Mechanicus Incoming?

pretre

I'm kind of glad the Onager didn't actually go up for Preorder this week. My bank account is in enough pain as it is. But I got my Ruststalker Edition preordered, along with the Datacards and a selection of Infantry. I kind of wish they'd done special dice for these guys too, like they did for the DeathStorm stuff.

Also, I just went back to double check, and apparently I'm going to have a set of the Datacards up in Rogue Trading in a couple of weeks, since the Ruststalker Edition comes with a set as well. Guess that's what I get for staying up way too late to make the preorder and not paying attention in my rush and haze of sleep dep ;)

• Like 1

Gotta find the frequency! Actually, just in terms of Game Rules potential, I really like it. The ideal for most Assault Units is to do some damage on the Charge, but not completely destroy/break the Unit, and then take them out in the Opponent's Turn, and against a lot of targets, this could well help with that.

That really is the issue. It's sort of like the Tyranid Warrior problem, except even more so because S6-7 firepower comes in so much higher volume than S8+. I'm still going to have to poke at them, see if there's some way I can get them to fit in usefully, because they're so cool.

Put them in a building....

Sure, because Assault Units that work as Infiltrators can totally do their job from inside a building </sarcasm> :P

Was joking, mostly.

Was directed at tyranid warriors, which to my knowledge, don't infiltrate.

It is true that if the issue is purely that they aren't durable to S6/7 weapon, the building approach would protect them. Tryanid warrior synapse should still project from building and buildings are considered assault vehicles (called something else), so it wouldn't be a total loss. Main issue for tyranids is that having a lone building on the table will just get all the AT firepower directed at it turn 1, so it would be likely counter productive.

With the +3 BS -2 WS Doctrine used for a first turn alpha strike, every gun will have BS7.  Hitting on a 2+ and then re-rolling on a 5+ making that Assault 3 Plasma Caliver much less scary and the need to crack open vehicles more apparent.

I've picked up two boxes of foot troops and three Ironstriders, now to see if I have any time to put 'em together.

The Arquebus comes with a new oval base, a little shorter and wider than a bike base, and the Ironstrider is a new large oval and not the Flyer base as was rumored.  Makes me think the Onager will be on a rounder Flyer base or something rather than the Knight bases as people have theorized.

• Like 1

With the +3 BS -2 WS Doctrine used for a first turn alpha strike, every gun will have BS7.  Hitting on a 2+ and then re-rolling on a 5+ making that Assault 3 Plasma Caliver much less scary and the need to crack open vehicles more apparent.

I've picked up two boxes of foot troops and three Ironstriders, now to see if I have any time to put 'em together.

The Arquebus comes with a new oval base, a little shorter and wider than a bike base, and the Ironstrider is a new large oval and not the Flyer base as was rumored.  Makes me think the Onager will be on a rounder Flyer base or something rather than the Knight bases as people have theorized.

I'll have to wait until I get my hands on them to see for sure, but I suspect the Arquebus uses the same Base as the Broodlord from DeathStorm(~72x42mm), and the Ironstrider is the same as the Fex from that set(~105x70mm).

I wasn't too sure at first about dropping that Doctrine Turn 1, because so much of their stuff is only 18" range, but their Detachment does give them all Scout, and they're Relentless, so that actually makes for some pretty good reach. Not great, but better than I thought originally.

What are the HQ choices for the Skitarii?

None.  So you as the general get to decide which one of your Sgt types gets to be your warlord.

Does anyone know if they are going to get any vehicles other than the walkers? 

It would appear that the Skitari are only getting the Chicken Walkers and the Dunecrawler, from what I gather in the things the priest shared with us. 

Mind you, Ad Mech is not exclusively Skitarii.  "All Skitarii are AdMech, but not all AdMech are Skitarii."  So hopefully we will get a transport and a flier in the AdMech book when it comes out.

• Like 2

Yeah, some of the fluff talks about how the Tech Priests and such who would be the HQs generally stay on their ships in orbit, directing operations through their datalinks. The Skitarii have a special Detachment that doesn't need an HQ, so at the moment, they're only fieldable with that Detachment, their Formations, or Unbound.

I'm really hoping for a Walker Transport. Some big six-legged crawly thing. I may have to convert something up and use them as Counts As Allied Rhinos/Razorbacks/Chimerae if GW doesn't come through for me.