Circular Debates over Assault Rules - Was: New C:SM Stuff

pretre

If you think GW pays attention to ITC, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

I don't think the West Coast of the USoA has enough weight in either player reach, nor volume of sales associated with it to hold that kind of sway over GW.  I do, however, believe that we hate change.  Getting people to continue to purchase product when others are resisting the change, or not supporting supplement play (Cities of Death, Apoc, Death from Above, etc) is the challenge.  Streamlining "supplements" into the core book aids in that.  Making Super Heavies a "core" part of the game aids in that.  Fortification rules in the BRB aids in that.  Unbound aids in that.

I do think that ITC standards do reflect the mindset of the global community, though.

"Vehicle" squadrons for everyone!

Except you, Tyranids.

Vehicle squadrons are mostly good for tyranids anyway, as melee attacks on one tank will wrap around to the other tanks in assault.

It also limits their shooting options, as they have to dedicate more firepower to a single target.

I know it was the same before, but is it weird to anyone else that Crusader Squad neophytes (aka BT scouts) are 10 points/model vs a straight up scout unit is 11 points/model?  I'll admit I'm not up to speed on BT rules, but is there some limitation that really justifies that reduced cost?  The fact that the squad can't scout/infiltrate perhaps?

I know it was the same before, but is it weird to anyone else that Crusader Squad neophytes (aka BT scouts) are 10 points/model vs a straight up scout unit is 11 points/model?  I'll admit I'm not up to speed on BT rules, but is there some limitation that really justifies that reduced cost?  The fact that the squad can't scout/infiltrate perhaps?

And no cloak access, no scout sarge, less weapons, and no storm access.

That said, BT in the last codex could still field Scout marines. They don't lose access to the tactical or scout squad by having access to the crusader squad (new codex might change it, not sure.)

4 Attacks on the dread is nice.  Not sure if it's enough, but it's a step in the right direction.  

5 attacks on an Iron Clad I assume, that is where it might be enough.  Ar13 and that many attacks has me interested anyways.

EDIT and one with hit and run from white scars...man that is kinda silly but I like.

Anyone know what the 15 point dread powerfist option 'Synchronized Machine Gun' (synchronisierte maschinenkanone) is?  It is in the same arm-replacement option as the rocket launcher, so I am guessing perhaps it is a hurricane bolter?  Are standard dreads potentially getting access to hurricane bolters or is this something simple I've missed elsewhere?  I can see someone pairing that with an assault cannon for 24" anti-troop firepower for giggles if it is the hurricane bolter.

4 Attacks base makes dreads a lot more viable and the Iron Hand dread lists will potentially make a reappearance, especially if they have a formation available.  I hope this treatment follows for other MEQ's in following releases, my space wolves have too many dreads waiting to see their return to play!

I am so stoked. I already own a full battle company. Gonna have to paint up some vehicles for it now!

Doesn't everyone? It's only like a 100 marines, or so.