Dark Angels in June

pretre

This was posted by TemperMaximus on Warseer an hour ago:

"[...] Also he had the following comments:
-Dark angels get their own discipline.
-the first power is a curse that affects all enemy units within 9" of the psyker. affected units have to roll 3d6 on morale, fear and pinning tests.

[...]"

The Codex is 58 US$ / 70 CAD. It has 160 pages according to the latest rumors.

MongooseMatt posted this a few pages ago - so the lack of Ravenwing Black Knights and other units is evidence that there are indeed more 'Detachments/Decurions' in the book than in the WD piccie

I am not really a rumour source, but this has just come through from the GW sales team;

A 160-page full colour hardback codex. The most comprehensive Dark Angels codex ever, which includes three new Dark Angels Detachments, 6 formations of and Tactical Objectives, plus Warlord Traits and Chapter Relics. This new codex gives the player the opportunity to build their own Deathwing and Ravenwing formations, from the extensive range of available miniatures.

It is a £35 Codex. Looks like Dark Angels are getting the royal treatment (at last)!

Seeds of Fear 
Warp Charges 1 

The Librarian creeps into the minds of his enemies . Subtly distorted and he reinforces their fears. First he causes discomfort , then it is paranoia , and finally pure horror. 

The translation of the actual gameplay text is wonky; but it's the 9 inch curse for leadership based tests on 3D6

So, just looking at those demi-companies....Doesn't it seem like FW can't really be fielded with something like that? I wonder how FW will respond to the demi-companies.

So off hand, looks like no centurions, ironclads, storm ravens, storm talons, hunters, stalkers, or sternguard. I really hope that GW gives this codex the tools it needs to stand on it's own, this time.

Though that said, I am looking at that Stormfang, and thinking it really wouldn't be too hard to make those wolves on the sides into lions....

So off hand, looks like no centurions, ironclads, storm ravens, storm talons, hunters, stalkers, or sternguard. I really hope that GW gives this codex the tools it needs to stand on it's own, this time.

If they get the points right for the Nephilim and the Dark Talon, Storm Talons aren't really an issue, and their increased availability of Mortis Dreads (altho the reduced number of Attacks sucks) makes up for Hunters and Stalkers. Sternguard were definitely not happening, tho if we're lucky, Company Vets may get some cooler options this time. Centurions seem unlikely, but aren't impossible. Note that unlike the Gladius, you also can't take a Bike Squad or Land Speeders in place of the Assault Squad in the Demi-Company, so it's possible that it's just their Demi-Company that's more restricted.

Frankly, Storm Ravens are the only thing on that list that really feels like it would make a big difference, assuming (always a risk) that they get the rest of it reasonably priced and balanced.

So the guy in the mohawk for the demi-company looks weird. Is that a kit bash?

Also, I like what they did with the Las-pred cowling. Very nice conversion!

I'm pretty sure at least some of that is from someone's personal collection, not the studio Army. Note the Rogue Trader scouts in there as well, and the Storm Bolters converted onto the Preds using Ravenwing Biker parts.

I'm pretty excited about it. I think it is going to be a neat way to include an ally detachment of Dark Angels to my Space Marines. Two units of the Dark Vengeance terminators, and the new Interrogator-Chaplain would be a fun allied detachment. :D

We'll see. I hope we will get troops terminators without the primary detachment requirement, this time. That said, I'd be happy with just affordable terminators.

My long stance is that the current terminators are pointed appropriately for their rules, but I just don't need/want all the rules they have. Cheaper terminator unit costs are really needed. I also think most of the DA units are paying for both stubborn and fearless....

I'm pretty sure at least some of that is from someone's personal collection, not the studio Army. Note the Rogue Trader scouts in there as well, and the Storm Bolters converted onto the Preds using Ravenwing Biker parts.

That is a pretty clever conversion. Though it seems like you'd have a twin-linked bolter, not a storm bolter....

Any clue if GW will ever change the rules on the SM bikers so they have storm bolters? Seems a bit odd that the only TL bolters in the codex are found on SM bikers (Hurricane bolters excluded).

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

That is a pretty clever conversion. Though it seems like you'd have a twin-linked bolter, not a storm bolter....

Any clue if GW will ever change the rules on the SM bikers so they have storm bolters? Seems a bit odd that the only TL bolters in the codex are found on SM bikers (Hurricane bolters excluded).

Then only is not correct ;)

• Like 1