Dark Angels in June

pretre

Please start talking again about how bad the dark angels codex is. please?

DA codex is fine, it's just everything released since is that much better. Though that LS vengeance is pure fail and I really hope GW adds some viable rules for that one...

No, he was using the NightShroud. And that was before Ignores Cover was quite so common, as I recall.

It's a Darkshroud, not NightShroud, but we all know what you are talking about.

Was thinking about it, DA need an option for their tactical squads to take a second plasma gun instead of a heavy weapon. Likewise, DA devastators with Plasma Guns as an additional option.

Would make fluffy sense, given that DA are supposed to have the most plasma weapons.

Well, going through the fluff, DA are really described as having the most old and rare tech. In rules so far, tho, this pretty much ends up just being Plasma and Mortis Dreads.

They've got a few gadgets in the current codex. I am curious how they'll be handled in a new codex.

For predictions, I suspect they'll nerf the Darkshround, RW Knights, and DW knights. Then they'll make the LS Vengeance, Dark Talon and Nephlim Jetfighter amazing.

If we do get kits, GW would be really smart to release the long overdue Mortis Dreadnought kit/upgrade sprue.

Yeah, nerfs to their best units at the moment (which are merely good compared to other codices' best) are not needed. External codex balance does not seem to be a primary goal for the design team though, so that could very well happen.

I think solid chapter tactics that reflect either their archaeotech/plasma hoarding, their sinister and secret reputation, their knightly theme or their synergy between the various wings would be cool for fluff and rules balance.

Although I am sure they will be nerfed for the sake of tradition, what does everyone think they would need to get to be on par with the more reasonable books? Points adjustments are most likely, but pretty boring as far as updates go.

Honestly, points adjustments are what they really need. There are some very cool concepts in the Dex as it stands, but they've never really had a chance to play out on the field, because if you're running the cool stuff, you're effectively playing at something like a 10-25% points deficit. Something to differentiate the Ravenwing more from White Scars would be cool, too. Special Detachments and Formations for RavenWing and DeathWing could probably do a lot of it, along with points adjustments.

On an entirely different note, every time I look at this thread, "Dark Angels in June" sounds more and more like some kind of 50s rock/doo wop song ;)

• Like 1

Honestly, points adjustments are what they really need.

If you removed the Character tax on DW and RW troops, it would go a very long way to making the codex viable.