Dark Angels in June

pretre

And something to make Greenwing desirable.

An entire PA army which is Stubborn, with fearless ICs? Compared to other SM chapter tactics, that really isn't half bad.

I just really wish they'd given grim resolve to the DA scouts.

An entire PA army which is Stubborn, with fearless ICs? Compared to other SM chapter tactics, that really isn't half bad.

I just really wish they'd given grim resolve to the DA scouts.

I usually don't like stubborn... If something beat me so bad in combat I want to try and get away... The fearless is good especially combined with being an IC and the best rule ever "and they shall know no fear"

I just really wish they'd given grim resolve to the DA scout

Too overshadowed by the other Wings. I'd like some synergy between Green, Raven, and Death, instead of Raven and Death synergizing and Green being like an ally that doesn't use an ally slot. It doesn't *feel* right to me, not to get into touchy-feely arguments.

I usually don't like stubborn...

I am the opposite, I like the certainty that my marines won't flee a combat, even if the fight looks grim.

As a side note, most opponents that SM fear to face in melee will also beat them quickly in melee. I rarely encounter the fearsome opponent that causes few enough deaths to cause morale checks, but not few enough to wipe the squad.

A daemon prince, in example, will easily wipe 6 tactical marines off the table before any of the marines get to swing. Stubborn only matters here if I've got the full 10-man squad, and even there, I'd only field it as such if I need the 10-man so a power fist can swing after the 6 die. Otherwise we combat squad every time, and the squad just gets wiped without a morale check.

Opponents like genestealers or gaunts will often cause the initial morale check, but will often lose to prolonged combat against PA marines. Stubborn is very good here.

Too overshadowed by the other Wings. I'd like some synergy between Green, Raven, and Death, instead of Raven and Death synergizing and Green being like an ally that doesn't use an ally slot. It doesn't *feel* right to me, not to get into touchy-feely arguments.

Agree. They function as multiple chapters, not multiple companies in the same chapter. They should have more synergy.

I really hate that the DA Scouts and Tactical squads don't have teleport homer access.

The big thing I'm wondering is if DA will get Centurions. Centurions being "green wing" in fluff, means that they will compete even more with the terminators of 40k.

So under this proposed good green, death, raven... What's the downside? If they are codex marines just better why take codex marines?

Because you want different fluff or painting options....

Seriously, the difference between the SM chapters should be a preference. You shouldn't feel pressured to play the army because it's the only SM codex with viable rules.

As for green, death, and raven wings, this is all one chapter of ~1000 marines. Of which, there is only 1 company of ravens, 1 company of death, and 7 companies of green. Green should not be lacking and it should work well with the other companies within its chapter.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very curious if they will include a note regarding DA joining units of other SM and if the chapter traits will be suppressed like they are with the chapters within the SM codex. Or if DA will just be a supplemental chapter, pure and simple.