Dark Angels in June

pretre

Someone posting in the comments section of Faeit - user Alendrel:

WARLORD TRAITS
1 The Hunt: Warlord has Precision Shots and Ignores Cover

2 Courage of the First Legion: 12" Fearless bubble for DA units

3 For teh Lion! Warlord and unit has Furious Charge

4 Brilliant Planning: While Warlord is on battlefield, may modify Reserve Rolls by 1 after the roll

5 Rapid Manoeuvre: +3" to Flat-Out, Turbo-boost, Run, AND CHARGE MOVES

6 Hold At All Costs: Warlord and unit has FnP within 3" of an Objective

Nephilim - Blacksword missiles are now S7 AP3 and Missile Lock allows reroll misses with One-Use weapons. Avenger bolt cannon unchanged.

Dark Talon - Rift cannon now S10 AP2 and if doubles are rolled on the scatter dice the shot becomes Vortex. Stasis bomb also requires models to pass I test for unsaved wounds or be removed.

And remember that Vortex == Destroyer.

Sacred Standard is now just a single generic entry, the unit carrying it has Counterattack and Relentless, and the usual 12" Morale reroll bubble.

Interromancy powers:

Primaris - Mind Worm - WC1 focussed witch fire, 12" S6 AP2 Assault 1, Ignores Cover, if model takes an unsaved wound then -3 BS/WS/I/Ld for rest of game

1 - Seed of Fear - WC1 Maledication affecting all enemy units within 9", they take Morale, Pinning, and Fear on 3d6

2 - Righteous Repugnance - WC1 Blessing 24" grants unit Rage

3 - Aversion - WC1 Malediction 24" unit may only fire Snap Shots

4 - Malestrom of Misery - WC2 witchfire 24" S1 AP2 Assault 1 Blast always wounds on 4+

5 - Trephination - WC2 18" focussed witchfire - affected model rolls 2d6+2-Ld and takes that many wounds with no armor or cover saves

6 - Mind Wipe - WC3 24" malediction - target unit is WS1/BS1 until end of their next turn, when they have to take a Ld test, if failed effect is permanent

Automatically Appended Next Post:
RW and DW Company banners are unchanged.

Deathwing rule replaces Inner Circle, grants Fearless and Hatred (CSM).

DW Knights maces of absolution now AP3, Smite is now basically a Smash attack: trade all attacks for one Sx2 AP2 attack, chosen per model, not limited use.

DW Assault is a formation rule, everything Deep Strikes in on choice of turn 2, 3, or 4 - includes Ven Dreads in Pods.

Summoned to War is a detachment rule, all units in detachment must start in Deep Strike reserve, if army has a RW Attack Squadron or Strike Force you basically choose the results of Reserve Rolls for the detachment.

Summon the DW: Formation rule, models in the formation are basically 12" teleport homers for DW units.

Ravenwing rule allows models to reroll failed Jink saves.

Speed of the Raven detachment rule: On first tirn (or second if units in reserves), units that turbo-boost or Flat Out count as Jinking but aren't forced to Snap Shot the following turn.

Ravenwing grenade launcher radshell is no longer -1T but the to-wound of 6 causes two wounds.

Sammael in Sabreclaw gets a D3+1 S4 AP2 hits sweep attack.

Land Speeder Vengeance plasma battery is now 36".

Dark Shroud's Icon of Old Caliban is Fear and Stealth to DA units within 6" and no prevents Overwatch when those units start the Assault phase with 6" of it.

Blade of Caliban no longer Unwieldy.

Relic blades in as S+2 AP1 Unwieldy Two-Handed.

Ezekiel grants +1A to models within 6" instead of the WS buff.

Power field generator gone, but Azarael's Lion Helm does affect transport he is in.

Sammael can fire both his guns now!

Azarael still gets to pick his Warlord Trait off the DA chart, also grants +1 to Seize the Initiative.

The Hammer of Caliban formation (Techmarine, a Land Raider of some flavor, and a unit of WW's, Preds, or Vinds) has to have the Techmarine start in the Raider, but the Raider is BS5 as long as he's in it. There's also a couple of "All the vehicles in the formation form one squadron but count as two units if destroyed" rules - I suspect one applies here.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Nevermind, not a rumor

51f6c2d6727d9be2f8b13e3b6a6f8a7e_89883.j

Seriously wow? So marines are the new hot stuff. Full bs! I get assault is not the most important phase, but this is intense.

Does this mean they can use blast markers?

Not unless it says so.

Since they are overwatching, they are still snapping, even if at full BS. There are other instances of this in the rules, though I can't recall where they are off hand.

I just pull my Death Wing from the closet and counted 28 painted Terminators. Will Death Wing be a decent army again? Will I be able to field my DW Knights and feel good about it?

Probably not. The way GW's been going, you'll either have a brokenly strong DW army that makes you feel guilty because your codex is too OP, or they won't really be adequate to be a stand alone army without lots of other purchasing...

I hope to be wrong, of course.

Probably not. The way GW's been going, you'll either have a brokenly strong DW army that makes you feel guilty because your codex is too OP, or they won't really be adequate to be a stand alone army without lots of other purchasing...

I hope to wrong, of course.

Well I still have just about everything I need for my Dark Angels to run a Mix Wing no problem. They are just not painted.
  • Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Well I still have just about everything I need for my Dark Angels to run a Mix Wing no problem. They are just not painted.

If anything they look like they will have a better chance this time around. Come play the ladder league in the fall with them. You shouldn't see too many hard counters.

Formations are the way to go now so I suppose DW may be a viable addition as a CAD as long as they can still get Objsec somehow.Other than that it looks like you would want to go the free transport route and spam ObjSec all over the board.

Deathwing Knights were a blast last codex and with their revamp listed above, they'll be a blast this codex, too.

Plus, just have your Deathwing be troops with a certain leader and deep strike everywhere early in the game and just be your normal stubborn selves and have fun holding objectives.

Stay safe,

don