OFCC - Painting Count Down

Torg

Got all the Tau basecoated. It looks sloppy up close, but I'm really happy with how it came out from a distance. Depending on the light, they can look way more blue or way more white. Need to pick out some contrasting details on the weapons, do some squad markings on them, and touch up the bases where I got a little messy with my drybrushing. And glue two of them back on their feet. Tau got weak ankles ;)

Honestly, at this point, it's basically just touch up and extra details and getting snow effect on the bases, plus deciding whether or not I want to try to push through on the new display board or just re-use the one from the last couple of years.

I know I'll be re-using my display board from last year. Hooray for similar basing schemes across armies!

I got more vehicles done over the weekend, but I'm really procrastinating on the infantry. I still have 40 models to paint and less than 2 weeks to go!

What army are you even bringing? 

I really love the wyvern models, so many details I am really loving the way they are turning out with my scheme. 

What army are you even bringing? 

I really love the wyvern models, so many details I am really loving the way they are turning out with my scheme. 

I'm bringing Iron Warriors. They are easy to paint (silver/gold) outside of the caution stripes. I really want to get caution stripes on every bolter and chainsword but I think I'll just paint them black/metal until everything else is done.

Gah. Just looked back at my Doubles List, and I'd forgotten I'd changed it. I spent a bunch of time painting up a bunch of Wolf Guard who aren't even in the list. I'm glad I have them around as an option, but still. I've got a deadline here and a bunch of other stuff I could have spent that time painting :P

• Like 1

And another level of fail. I just went to lay everything out to make sure it's all as done as I think it is, and I can't find most of my Servo Skulls. I've made like 6 or 7 at various points, and now I can only find one painted, one primed but broken, and one still unassembled from Inquisitor Lok. At least they're quick to do if I have to make some more, but it's still one more thing and frustrating.

Also, I totally forgot in time to get bits to make Servo Skrulls instead :P

Something to use for the three Servo-Skulls would be awesome. Everything else, I've got nailed down. Plus, they're obnoxious to transport, and I usually break at least one any given time I take them anywhere. Which is why I have so many in the first place :P

Thanks!

On the plus side, while I was looking for them, I found my old-ass Ordo Fanaticus Inquisitor, so I'm totally using him for my Inquisitor in the Doubles :D

OK - over the weekend I got everything (except 4 shadow spectres) matte coated - and ready to go.  I finished the Corsair Prince and the Void Dreamer - along with the Grynx.  Now I am just working on the unit of Shadow Spectres.  I am hoping to finish those tonight.  Then I will take the rest of the week to fine tune my display board - and get in some practice games.  

-d

Everything is at the point where it's ok to put on the table, so I've been going back and doing some touchup and hitting extra details and stuff. Got Egil's Wolf Claws and Kvedulf's Black Axe looking really nice, and I'm pretty happy with the effect I got on the ejected Helfrost shells from FrostFury.

• Like 1