OFCC - Painting Count Down

Torg

Only 2 days left till the team event… how are you doing?

-- 

I have most of my corsair list to paint at this stage.  I have moved into full painting mode now - so I feel pretty good about getting things done with time to spare.  I am sure I will fritter away some of that time though lol.

My biggest project right now is repaint on several falcons/flyers and tanks to unify the scheme.  I'm also testing out schemes for my corsair troopers.  I am hoping to have most of the work on unification done by the end of this weekend… then get down to detail work on each individual tank/vehicle/flyer.  

Finished: 29 (3 hornets), 2 flyers (Nightwing and the Eldar Phoenix), 3 Zoats, 1 Warp Hunter, 3 Falcons, 15 corsair troopers, Corsair Prince, Void Dreamer and his cat.

Need to finish : 4 shadow spectres

Display board - I have thoughts on it… but I have not yet started on it.  I am hoping to get the ground work on that started in a week or maybe mid June.

What say you?  how are you doing with your armies for OFCC / team or Open?

-d

• Like 2

I have:

FW knight to finish (mostly; don't have the right decals for it)

Three drop pods to finish

7 marines to finish.

Weathering on whole army. Probably not happening

Display board due to the heat - I can do this!

• Like 1

Team Event: Everything is at least Primed

- Iron Priest is still only primed

- 5 Terminators have just their grey basecoat want more details and touchup could use more highlights, but are basically good to go

- 3 Rhinos/Razorbacks, a Vindicator, and my Land Raider want more details and touchup could use more highlights, but are basically good to go

- Just about everyone needs new left shoulderpads after that upgrade sprue comes out this weekend Got them purchased and primed, need to paint

Doubles Event:

- Base Riptide

- Prime RailSides and Riptide

- Paint Firebase Support Cadre

- Base, Prime, and Paint 5 Wolf Guard w/ Combi-Meltas

- I might have to do a couple more Grey Hunters, too, but I think I have enough

Display Base:

- Trying to do a new one, steel so I can put magnets in everyone's bases and use it for transport, too. The cookie sheet I found that was the right size was non-stick, tho, and getting that stuff off has proven to be quite the challenge. Not a high priority, tho, since I can re-use the one from the last two years if need be.

Edited by WestRider
  • Like 1

Assemble, base, and paint:

* toxicrene - done for the most part... though I need to find someone with marine paint colors to paint the terminator that's being stepped on.

* tyrannocyte - done

* Flyrant - based and waiting to be painted

Paint:

6 ripper swarms - done

Touch up:

3 biovores - done

• Like 1

Since I switched from Empire to the trusty Ogres, painting is very minimum. Need to finish up 10 Gnoblars that are already base coated and build a few new movement trays. I was really wanting to build a display board this year that wasn't just "cork board with brown sand on it," but don't think I'll have the money to invest into getting a proper one built.

Well, I finally received all of my bitz from various places, so I'm ready to get to work on my new orc boyz and I did some work on Ünglük, the Black Orc Big Boss Badass on Big Boar, who is being built from a standard boar boy.  If y'all are interested, I have a painting and modeling PLOG on Druchii.net where I track all (I like to work at a very leisurely pace these days) of my miniature related hobby activities:

http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=72709&p=926722#p926722

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Blood bowl bunnies all base coated, I'm comfortable enough calling them done, if I have more time I will wash and highlight.

All I have left:

Basing 25 models

Wash and highlight 10 scions

Base to flyer bases, plastic base so just need to finish painting the skulls and then wash.

2 attack bikes are just primed.

Hoping to be done by tomorrow or this weekend, then I can go back to my bunnies

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I'm debating making a new board. I think I will plan next years list now and making my second board with them. I do have a graveyard one for blood bowl I guess since you know that is kind the nature of the game.

Team Event: Everything is at least Primed

- Iron Priest is still only primed

- 5 Terminators have just their grey basecoat want more details and touchup could use more highlights, but are basically good to go

- 3 Rhinos/Razorbacks, a Vindicator, and my Land Raider want more details and touchup could use more highlights, but are basically good to go

- Just about everyone needs new left shoulderpads after that upgrade sprue comes out this weekend Got them purchased and primed, need to paint

Doubles Event:

- Base Riptide

- Prime RailSides and Riptide

- Paint Firebase Support Cadre

- Base, Prime, and Paint 5 Wolf Guard w/ Combi-Meltas

- I might have to do a couple more Grey Hunters, too, but I think I have enough

Display Base:

- Trying to do a new one, steel so I can put magnets in everyone's bases and use it for transport, too. The cookie sheet I found that was the right size was non-stick, tho, and getting that stuff off has proven to be quite the challenge. Not a high priority, tho, since I can re-use the one from the last two years if need be.

OK, got enough done now that I'm making a new post instead of just editing this one.

A bunch of Space Wolves (15 or so, plus a couple Vehicles) want more details and touchup, but all of those are at least three colours and based. They ain't pretty, but I don't have to worry about Bryan or Joel pulling my dudes off the board ;)

FSC: Need to get the basecoat down on the last three Broadsides, and then go back and lay down some insignia and detailing. Shouldn't be that much time, but I've been procrastinating because the Broadsides are obnoxious to get good coverage on.